Seems there's LOTS of issues with new Saint Row IV Re-Elected release

NO-GO back to the previous version legally in any way
Check this post:

Those playing Co-op seems to get disconnected each other at end of missions.
Even playing alone i get random disconnected messages even though my internet stays on.

High Voltage is credited with this "Remaster" in the credits

For the Borderless Windowed issue i have been using this program https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming just boot it up and select your SRIV window from applications tab hit that > arrow and it should auto windowed fullscreen your game still no excuses for High Voltage downgrading this game but should help atleast fix one of the issues till they fix it

1670722777951.png

Even playing alone i get random disconnected messages even though my internet stays on.

For the Borderless Windowed issue i have been using this program https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming just boot it up and select your SRIV window from applications tab hit that > arrow and it should auto windowed fullscreen your game still no excuses for High Voltage downgrading this game but should help atleast fix one of the issues till they fix it

View attachment 34149
I feel like it's a waste to install that tbh, I feel like they'll add native support for Borderless Windowed back eventually. SRTTR launched without it and they eventually added it I do feel it's kind of stupid they updated SR4 and removed that option to begin with though. I just feel it makes no sense to keep basically all the other options that were there but remove Borderless Windowed mode when updating it to Re-Elected lol

That is partly true; they are responsible for the console versions of Re-Elected, but they had nothing to do with the PC version as far as I'm aware. Re-Elected was ported to PCs by another studio, but I can't find which studio did it. I remember their logo showed up on the legal screen of the PC Re-Elected version, I downgraded to the old version since the updated version always crashed in that very screen.

I hope they release a patch soon to fix some of the bugs, one of the Rift missions are currently bugged and uncompletable as your character movement begins to stop responding properly then eventually just keeps running into a wall. It's the one at Wesley Cutter International.
Edit: I found a workaround for this, I had to turn on Vsync for it and I was able to succesfully complete it, I think that rift just has a bug where it desyncs if the frame rate goes too high.

Last edited:
Also from my experience some Homies like Genki Girls, And Gingerbread men will never spawn when you call them.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, there was an update to the sriv_legacy beta branch on steam in the past day or three which looks like it actually restores the original game version.

Back