Saints Row The Third Menu Music

Attachments

• sr3_menu_music1.1.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 277
Last edited:
C:\Program Files\Saints Row 2022\sr5\data\sr_boot\patch>python3 patch.py ..\sr_boot.vpp_pc 354472791.wem_pad
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.
Press any key to exit . . .

C:\Program Files\Saints Row 2022\sr5\data\sr_boot\patch>python3 patch.py ..\sr_boot.vpp_pc 354472791.wem_pad
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.
Press any key to exit . . .
Python3 is a requirement, so you have to have python installed on your computer for the script to run.

Sweet! Is there any way you can open that music and then change it? Also how to add other sound elements to the game? I'd love to start making some sound mods If I can.

Yes, it's possible! I actually extracted all the audio in the game and have it on my google drive here if you want to download all them
sr_city -> (in game, radio, dialogue, sounds etc) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ckgpXrVWbcCMfr__DiAiIw0wpxiKIPb_/view?usp=sharing
sr_boot (main menu)-> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p7bJiPJ0OEv6ywULc6n17C3MGpjDANBI/view?usp=sharing

If you want to extract them yourself, you can use ww2ogg (and then revorb to clean it up), for example
.\ww2ogg.exe --pcb packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin 831564779.wem_pad

Then to repack I turned the ogg files into wav files. Then to turn the wav files into wem files I followed this guide
You have to install wwise, but it's free, and once you make a project in there you don't have to open it again, you
can just use the script here

Then when you have the .wem file, you can just rename it to .wem_pad and can patch the files with the script in this thread.

Say, I know this is for just changing the Menu Music but how about like changing other sounds such as Vehicles? Police Sirens? Is that possible yet or nah? Thanks for any answers to this.

Say, I know this is for just changing the Menu Music but how about like changing other sounds such as Vehicles? Police Sirens? Is that possible yet or nah? Thanks for any answers to this.
Yeah it's definitely possible, that patch.py should work for any .wem_pad file in any of the vcc_pc files, but I haven't tested it yet.

Back