Saints Row Reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is solid and really does have great customisation. I also really like the environment and graphics. A lot of people seemed to have changed their mind on this game based on the gameplay video.

However, I really do not like these characters in terms of design or personality. I am not just going by the trailers, but from all the articles that go into a bit further details about the characters backstories. It really feels like the story is just not aimed at me and makes me feel like i'm getting old.

So while I could play the game for its very fun gameplay, I just don't see the point if in every cutscene, I just want the "badder" guys to win. The EGS exclusivity is pretty much the final nail in the coffin too.

Last edited:
Hmm, Slightly better than what we first saw, they should had released this Instead... but still not good enough for me. There is too much flashy-tech stuff going in the middle of the battles and that was my main issue with Agents of Mayhem. The crew still looks super boring, zero charisma and i even think this new crew is exactly the type of guys the Old Saints crew would bully, Gat would probably punch Kevin in the face and tell him that he talks too much or something even meaner lol.

I don't understand why pick the desert as a new location, i'm sure it will be biggest map ever but also feel that most that place will be fill with just dust, shrubs and a more desert. The new gameplay looks better, but still not good enough to get my attention. This is not the Saints Row i was expecting. But don't get me wrong, just because i don't like this new game it does not mean i want it to fail. I hope it sells well and that people have fun with it and enjoy it. Maybe then Volition has another chance at it with a meaner attitude just like the First and Second game.

This is definitely not for me.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is solid and really does have great customisation. I also really like the environment and graphics. A lot of people seemed to have changed their mind on this game based on the gameplay video.

However, I really do not like these characters in terms of design or personality. I am not just going by the trailers, but from all the articles that go into a bit further details about the characters backstories. It really feels like the story is just not aimed at me and makes me feel like i'm getting old.

So while I could play the game for its very fun gameplay, I just don't see the point if in every cutscene, I just want the "badder" guys to win. The EGS exclusivity is pretty much the final nail in the coffin too.
You lying down about the characters, the only information we found was very surface level. The same old "Eli is a business planner, Neenah used to be a mechanic" There's no other article doing a deep dive into the characters' backstories.

You lying down about the characters, the only information we found was very surface level. The same old "Eli is a business planner, Neenah used to be a mechanic" There's no other article doing a deep dive into the characters' backstories.

I also don't like the new crew. I think they are a bit too Ned Flanders for my taste... "Keving wants to be a TV Chef" That told me everything about the personality of the new crew. Also, i'm not sure what some of the Volition crew meant when calling the original mean/badass attitude "too edgy" and a "Products of their time". This sort of statement feels like a kick to balls to originals fans like myself.

Regardless, I still want this game to succeed. I would hate to see Volition go.

"There’s Eli, an MBA student who works as the team’s planner, speaking in the language of startups, investment and business. Then there’s Neenah, the team’s driver, who had aspirations of becoming an anthropologist but got sucked into working as a mechanic for Los Panteros. Rounding out the quartet (of which you are the fourth member) is Kevin, a topless thrill-seeking DJ who, like his fellow Idols, loves wearing a Kawaii Cyberpunk helmet and wreaking havoc."

From an article I read. Just based on this info alone, I know these characters aren't for me. I'm not really up for a debate or anything though, I don't like it and i've already said all i'm going to say about it, so i'm moving on.

Let's take all new replies to this thread about the reboot in general chat since this is merely an announcement post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back