Saints Row IV Re-Elected on PC

I'm glad you managed to play SRIV again but I didn't quite understand what you meant by this. If you tried to run it via Steam, it always loads the "Saints Row IV" folder located in steamapps. But if you meant that it ran the updated SRIV even without Steam enabled, that's quite odd... I can't really explain it.
By the way, don't bother with backing up the Re-Elected version. If you delete it you'll be perfectly fine, and in case you want it back for some reason, you can just verify the integrity of the game's files on Steam and it'll download the new files with no problem.

I had two folders, one "Saints Row IV" which was the update game and a copy folder called "Saints Row IV Copy". Then i did the whole process you posted before to downgrade the "Saints Row IV Copy".

But everytime i tried to run the exe from the downgrade "Saints Row IV Copy" folder, instead it would run the Updated SR4... not sure why, but i'm guessing it has something to do with steam Folder name check or DRM.

But once i swapped Folder names between the two, "Saints Row IV Copy" > "Saints Row IV" the downgraded game ran fine.

Wow. Not totally sure what they've done to the gog version but I don't use gog galaxy and only offline installers. This was the original Saints Row game that got me into the series and also into playing on pc with mods after being on console before that, so I just grabbed my SR4 install and backed it up on an external drive after reading this. Can't be doing with that being screwed up.

To be honest the original Saints Row 3 is my fave game of the series now I think so I might not even play SR4 as much, but it's good to know that I have the game backed up with the mods it has without having to mess around with whatever crap is needed to be done for the gog updated build.

After having a quick look at the Saints Row gog forum they haven't updated the offline installers yet apparently so grabbing them now too.

Last edited:
They haven't even acknowledged the issues with the broken saves and the Legacy being the same as the update crossplay. I really hope they don't just abandon the game as it is.

They haven't even acknowledged the issues with the broken saves and the Legacy being the same as the update crossplay. I really hope they don't just abandon the game as it is.

Thinking the same thing here, I believe they are compel to fix it but they didn't even bother to post anything regarding to this problem is really annoying. Hope they are not planning on fix it after this holiday.

Good news, they finally acknowledge the problems.

Hi everyone,

We are aware of a number of issues occurring with the SRIV Re-Elected upgrades on PC - we are actively investigating the following:

Saves not working
crashing/not starting on Epic and Steam
SIRV Legacy Branch pulling the wrong build on Steam
Mods not working correctly

If you have found anything else then please let us know via support. https://helpcenter.plaion.com/us/games/SRIVRE

***IMPORTANT*** in the case of saves it is very important you send us your save files so we can see what format they are in and please let us know the file path on your PC where they are saved, this is critical to us working out what has gone wrong with these, as we have been unable to replicate these issues so far. We also will need information on if your issues have come from an old installation or a fresh new install.

SWEET! That's all i needed to know. Even tho i hate SR4, at least want it to be working fine. Now if they could make that EOS optional for people who explicitly want to use it... that would be great.

Back