Saints Row IV clothing in Gat out of Hell

Hi, I would like to know the name (custmesh_...) of this item:
OJt56oD.png

Can all the files in this mod be installed directly in the "Saints Row Gat out of Hell" root folder instead of the "mods" sub-folder?
I only ask because I'd like to try using this with my Simple Mod Manager (which currently doesn't handle sub-folders) but I want to make sure there's not a requirement to use the "mods" folder. I realize that if you install this manually, it's much better to keep things in the "mods" sub-folder to avoid cluttering up the root folder.

Thanks for a great mod, Minimaul!

Can all the files in this mod be installed directly in the "Saints Row Gat out of Hell" root folder instead of the "mods" sub-folder?
I only ask because I'd like to try using this with my Simple Mod Manager (which currently doesn't handle sub-folders) but I want to make sure there's not a requirement to use the "mods" folder. I realize that if you install this manually, it's much better to keep things in the "mods" sub-folder to avoid cluttering up the root folder.

Thanks for a great mod, Minimaul!
Yes, there's no reason why it can't. The only reason I recommend putting the str2_pc and asm_pc files in the mods subfolder is to avoid totally filling up the root folder.

I finally got a chance to fully try out this mod, and I really appreciate all the hard work you did to make this possible. I never expected we'd be able to have all this customization in GOOH. And I got it working with my Simple Mod Manager, so I'm pleased about that too! Thanks again! :)

I do miss the cloth simulation, though. That's one aspect of SR3 and 4 I've always really liked a lot. I don't think even GTA5 has cloth simulation like that. But I'm impressed you were able to even get those clothes to work at all! How did you figure out how to make the dummy cloth sim?

How did you figure out how to make the dummy cloth sim?
I had a small chat with Mike Wilson about it and worked out the header for the file - once I had that I wrote a small C# function to create the file:

C#:
static void CreateDummyClothSim(string path)
{
    Console.WriteLine("Creating dummy cloth sim: {0}", path);
    string name = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(path);

sw.WriteLine("Creating dummy cloth sim: {0}", path);
    if (name.Length >= 28) // the field in the struct is only 28 bytes long, and needs to include a null
    {
        name = name.Substring(0, 27);
    }

using (Stream stream = File.Create(path))
    {
        stream.WriteUInt32(0x05); // version
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // data size
        stream.WriteAsciiNullTerminatedString(name);
        stream.Align(0x24);
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // num passes
        stream.WriteUInt32(1); // air resistance
        stream.WriteUInt32(1); // wind multiplier
        stream.WriteUInt32(1); // wind constant
        stream.WriteUInt32(1); // gravity multiplier
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // object velocity inheritance
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // object position inheritance
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // object rotation inheritance
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // wind type
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // num nodes
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // num anchor nodes
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // num node links
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // num ropes
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // num colliders
        stream.WriteUInt32(0); // bounding sphere radius
        stream.WriteUInt64(0); // *nodes
        stream.WriteUInt64(0); // *node_links
        stream.WriteUInt64(0); // *ropes
        stream.WriteUInt64(0); // *colliders
    }
}

Edit: I don't think the header changed from SRIV at all - from what I understand they changed the version of the physics library they use and that changed the format of the actual data.

Edit 2: The dummy cloth sim file is just a header and no data. I was quite happy that this worked - my initial test build didn't include the items needing cloth sim at all and I thought it was a bit disappointing that they couldn't be included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back