Saints Row 3 Modding Help Needed

I thank you for your informative forums.

I am new to SaintsRow3 and Steam ( I purchased the PC/DVD on April 14, 2012 ) and would like to learn all there is
about the procedures and techniques that are required to mod this game.

I have been modding BF1942, BF2 and UnrealTournament since they first came out and would
like to modify some features of SaintsRow3.

For example;
1- Additional camera views for player and in vehicle modes such as firstperson view, ( camera is locked on weapon sight )
chase cam ( camera is directly behind and slightly above player or vehicle ), inside cam, flyby camera mode and freecam view.

2- Modifying the aircraft flight handling characteristics of the planes and helicopters to make they fly better.

3 - Changing or modifying the public citizen bots ( the bot pedestrians that walk around the sidewalks )
so that most of them are bikini girls instead of old ladys or bums.

4 - Creating custom tattoos that can be applied via the IAD ( Image As Desired ) interface program.

5 - Adding or modifying character animations and speech scripts ( make them say what you want them to say ).

Your first step should be the guides and tutorials subforum, especially the modding basics sticky. I would then suggest downloading some mods that do similar things and using winmerge to compare the modded files with the original ones. Most of these mods have already been done (excluding #5 which is currently impossible with our current tools.) Also, the files you'll be editing are xml table files and the elements are pretty descriptive so you should be able to read them and easily see what values you would need to change.

I'm also moving this thread to the help and troubleshooting subforum

I thank you IdolNinja.:cool:

Back