SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Aight, here are my thoughts from what I’ve heard from all the gameplay videos:

• This definitely has Saints Row: The Third vibe, mixed with the seriousness of Saints Row 2. It feels grounded, like we’re fighting actual gangsters instead of aliens.

• Neenah and Eli just became my favorite characters. And yes, the ‘Kevin being shirtless’ thing is a gag.

• From what I see, the only enterable buildings are what we see as markers ala Saints Row: The Third. One of the previewers did note that on their run, when they were driving around, people were absent. Hopefully this is fixed before launch.

• Game does cater to the current generation, and the plot does revolve around a band of plucky young adults who turn to crime because they can’t pay rent. As corny as it may sound, it does make sense when you consider that if you’re looking at homelessness and starvation, you’ll do anything to avoid that. We’ve seen this historically, btw. It isn’t exactly a new concept.

YOU CAN PET SNICKERDOODLE (the cat)! REPEAT, YOU CAN PET THE KITTY!! And from what one of the devs said in an interview, the cat plays an important role later on, so he isn’t just there for a prop.

• The gangs appear to be fighting each other, so we’re not looking at a story like the Syndicate where all three gangs worked together, so that’s good.

• The map is big, like super big. And IIRC, they said there are secrets you can find in the desert.

EDIT:
This attitude going to finish themView attachment 32458
What’s the issue? I see stuff like that all the time in the GTA universe. xD

(Yes, I play GTA, please don’t kill me...)

Aight, here are my thoughts from what I’ve heard from all the gameplay videos:

• This definitely has Saints Row: The Third vibe, mixed with the seriousness of Saints Row 2. It feels grounded, like we’re fighting actual gangsters instead of aliens.

• Neenah and Eli just became my favorite characters. And yes, the ‘Kevin being shirtless’ thing is a gag.

• From what I see, the only enterable buildings are what we see as markers ala Saints Row: The Third. One of the previewers did note that on their run, when they were driving around, people were absent. Hopefully this is fixed before launch.

• Game does cater to the current generation, and the plot does revolve around a band of plucky young adults who turn to crime because they can’t pay rent. As corny as it may sound, it does make sense when you consider that if you’re looking at homelessness and starvation, you’ll do anything to avoid that. We’ve seen this historically, btw. It isn’t exactly a new concept.

YOU CAN PET SNICKERDOODLE (the cat)! REPEAT, YOU CAN PET THE KITTY!! And from what one of the devs said in an interview, the cat plays an important role later on, so he isn’t just there for a prop.

• The gangs appear to be fighting each other, so we’re not looking at a story like the Syndicate where all three gangs worked together, so that’s good.

• The map is big, like super big. And IIRC, they said there are secrets you can find in the desert.

EDIT:

What’s the issue? I see stuff like that all the time in the GTA universe. xD

(Yes, I play GTA, please don’t kill me...)
Oh it is the issue they still spat on us.. btw im not trying to argue here.. but still this makes me upset.. i play gta and R* never making sign like this to rate something and call us haters lol

Yeah, that app and tagline were probably already designed and implemented way before that "haters gonna hate" incident, so this is just completely irrelevant.

That app is not there to insult the players and fans, it's there to insult in-game businesses and provoke the rival gangs.

And it's clearly a take on apps that allow you to rate stuff in real life.

The tagline "haters gonna rate" is based on the the fact that Boss is using the app to deliberately leave bad reviews for the businesses owned by the rival gangs.

Why you guys always gotta be turning nothing into fuel for a fire?

Last edited:
Yeah, that app and tagline were probably already designed and implemented way before that "haters gonna hate" incident, so this is just completely irrelevant.

That app is not there to insult the players and fans, it's there to insult in-game businesses and provoke the rival gangs.

And it's clearly a take on apps that allow you to rate stuff in real life.

The tagline "haters gonna rate" is based on the the fact that Boss is using the app to deliberately leave bad reviews for the businesses owned by the rival gangs.

Why you guys always gotta be turning nothing into fuel for a fire?
Exactly, at this rate they're looking for things to be offended by.

Its funny how people like you cry over everything while also thinking everyone else is childish

This game looks so fun I cant wait lol Also its weird both on youtube and twitter it seems like people either love it or hate it compared to first days of reveals it seems like some people are seeing that its a good game

Last edited:
Its funny how people like you cry over everything while also thinking everyone else is childish

This game looks so fun I cant wait lol Also its weird both on youtube and twitter it seems like people either love it or hate it compared to first days of reveals it seems like some people are seeing that its a good game
You know people love to change their opinions based on everyone else. If the majority hates it then nobody wants to be different. Me on the other hand ive been sold since announcment just like i was with cyberpunk

people trying to gaslight us by saying that the map is just like steelport lol. I mean how does this look like steelport?

Santi-Ileso-City-Skyline-Financial.jpg

I also see the usual suspects are moaning about the "haters gonna rate" thing. It's a survival mode in the same vain of SR3's with some flair. Don't be so vain that you think it's about you, this was more than likely done years ago and believing that it's targeted at you instead a fun little parody says more about you than it does them.

people trying to gaslight us by saying that the map is just like steelport lol. I mean how does this look like steelport?
I may be misinterpreting what pxthighnoobs21 is referring to, but the map on the phone does remind me a lot of SRTT, SRIV, & SRGOH.

In that they went with basic detail and greyscale, over the style they used in SR(Classic) & SR2, with high detail and color.

I do miss the classic map design, as it showed grass, concrete, mountains, beaches, boardwalks, dirt trails, courtyards, parks, and fine detailing on each and every building to make them more easily identifiable.

Rather than only showing main roads and basic grey shapes that make it difficult to differentiate between buildings.

But Santo Ileso itself in no way feels like bland old rustbelt Steelport, with it's 4 slightly different building designs that are "copy & pasted" around the whole city.

But I do agree with one comment I've seen somewhere on either this forum or Youtube... When are we going to get an enterable Arena?

Stilwater - Ultor Dome - Only accessible during activities and through glitches.

Steelport - Murderbrawl Arena - Only accessible during 1 mission and through glitches.

Santo Ileso - TBA - Hopefully accessible during free roam... Please?

Last edited:
Back