SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

The last update should included that katana people asking that but nope... So that friendly fire katana just accesories after all...
This post really makes me think.

People have been asking for specific weapons to return, others want more Homies, some want recruitable street Saints, and there's been many other requests since not only the game's release, but the game's initial announcement.

Even if Volition don't watch this forum, we've been asking for this stuff on every other social media and even YouTube... So it begs the question, are Volition just ignoring every hint we've thrown their way, and hoping we'll just accept that this is Saints Row now?

Or is it something deeper, like they really are done with the series and this was their attempt to free themselves from future flops. Like if they're no longer associated with Saints Row, people will stop thinking that their next big game will be a Saints Row game (AOM).

Because that's exactly how people reacted when first playing AOM for the first time, there's even plenty of videos where they say something along the lines of "so, this is Saints Row 5, but with none of the original Saints".

Maybe they didn't want this latest game to be Saints Row, maybe they wanted it to be a new IP, but during development they thought back to AOM and realised that as soon as advertisement begun, people would see the similarities and just immediately see it as a new Saints Row.

So rather that try to convince their fans to that this is not Saints Row, they played it safe and rebranded it as a Saints Row reboot. Because looking back, that initial CGI trailer did not refer to the new gang as "the Saints" at all, and it wasn't until the end of the video that the "Saints Row" logo was seen.

The Saints Row reboot could have been a great game, if we weren't expecting a new Saints Row. If they didn't brand it as a new Saints Row... And if AOM wasn't assumed to be a new Saints Row.

Last edited:
This post really makes me think.

People have been asking for specific weapons to return, others want more Homies, some want recruitable street Saints, and there's been many other requests since not only the game's release, but the game's initial announcement.

Even if Volition don't watch this forum, we've been asking for this stuff on every other social media and even YouTube... So it begs the question, are Volition just ignoring every hint we've thrown their way, and hoping we'll just accept that this is Saints Row now?

Or is it something deeper, like they really are done with the series and this was their attempt to free themselves from future flops. Like if they're no longer associated with Saints Row, people will stop thinking that their next big game will be a Saints Row game (AOM).

Because that's exactly how people reacted when first playing AOM for the first time, there's even plenty of videos where they say something along the lines of "so, this is Saints Row 5, but with none of the original Saints".

Maybe they didn't want this latest game to be Saints Row, maybe they wanted it to be a new IP, but during development they thought back to AOM and realised that as soon as advertisement begun, people would see the similarities and just immediately see it as a new Saints Row.

So rather that try to convince their fans to that this is not Saints Row, they played it safe and rebranded it as a Saints Row reboot. Because looking back, that initial CGI trailer did not refer to the new gang as "the Saints" at all, and it wasn't until the end of the video that the "Saints Row" logo was seen.

The Saints Row reboot could have been a great game, if we weren't expecting a new Saints Row. If they didn't brand it as a new Saints Row... And if AOM wasn't assumed to be a new Saints Row.
Recruit saints generic with skills its a bad idea i dont know what kind of weed they smoked to doing that...

And also it could be loved by anyone too if this not SR.. something about like Capcom did separate monster hunter world and dragon dogma i would appreciate that but Volition didnt make that move.

Played the Song of Ice and Dust DLC and I honestly enjoyed it and had a fun time. Story was well-paced and didn't overstay its welcome like the LARP side mission. If I had to rate it compared to H&H and Murder Circus, I'd give it a nice 8/10.

With that being said, I am upset that this is the last major DLC we're getting for this game because I was once again left yearning for more. Hopefully the series isn't gone for too long.

At the end of the day, they managed to bring the series back to reality, it's not be what everyone wanted, but it's a start and I can respect that. Whatever they come back with, I hope they take the time to reevaluate their approach with how things are handled both internally and externally and regardless of if it's an SR IP or not.

I know the most baaaasic at least from my understanding back in the day was XTBL and table editing, I didn't make a lot of headway, but it seems like TFE_Pad files are the replacement for the old XTBL format for the tables. I got a few to partly open in Notepad+ and for general formatting seems the same but it doesn't quite unpack right.

I'm unsure if this would be much of a start, would we be able to drop modified TFE_Pads in the root directory, would we need to repack them in VPP_PC files again? This is all a little outside my wheelhouse, but for things like adding back in cut weapons or clothing that might be floating around in the files, this comes off as a possibility?

>You will now be able to save with dirty cheats
Great, the game is saved, HUZZAH!... Sarcasm, btw. This isn't helping a lot when most of the best cheats from the old games are no longr here.
I'd still would use a trainer.

I know the most baaaasic at least from my understanding back in the day was XTBL and table editing, I didn't make a lot of headway, but it seems like TFE_Pad files are the replacement for the old XTBL format for the tables. I got a few to partly open in Notepad+ and for general formatting seems the same but it doesn't quite unpack right.

I'm unsure if this would be much of a start, would we be able to drop modified TFE_Pads in the root directory, would we need to repack them in VPP_PC files again? This is all a little outside my wheelhouse, but for things like adding back in cut weapons or clothing that might be floating around in the files, this comes off as a possibility?
I pray that steam SOMEHOW allows the files to be edited in a way, I did have a friend who I'm not sure if they're still on the forums that was actually able to edit the eyebrows

Back