Saints Row 2: Multiplayer Restored

No he's not stealing anyone's work. OpenSpy itself is open source. He had to edit the exe to make it connect directly to OpenSpy server. Using the dll is not needed anymore. Also connecting to OpenSpy with this method also improved general ingame performance and optimizations. And you said he's using cracked exe of your old server? Of course your "server" doesn't "own" the exe. A cracked exe can be obtained from many piracy sites on the internet.

Lastly what I want to say is he have not posted his patch here, so let's just end this discussion
First off he *did* post it and it was removed. Secondly, you're talking out your ass if you think the exe improves performance (the only reason it would is if its based off the 1.0 version of the pc exe, which would mean its cracked lol) . If you're so keen on quoting openspy directly why dont you read the website for it and see that it says "Steam Method" and "Non-steam method" which the steam method is the .dll. Its not redundant and the exe is *not* a replacement for properly patching the game. If you actually knew anything, youd realize that in fact, the exe method came FIRST (trust me i was there) and therefor your statement about redundancy is a pure falsehood. Please only respond to this post with any evidence on how the openspy exe increases performance and provides "optimization." Thanks.

It seems my friends talked with moderators of the forum and they said that even if i port this to Steam or GOG they'll not allow me to post here. So i'll upload this MP fix to other sites who cares about Saints Row and the fans.
theres an easier way to do this you can port it to Steam and then use the delta patcher to create an xdelta file that will allow downloaders to use the modified exe file easier as the xdelta file will replace the old exe with the new modified exe without even using the modified exe file meaning no one can pirate the game with it

So there's a guide on OpenSpy.net on how to mod the executable file to connect to their servers:

Unfortunately, I get the "3:0000065432" error when attempting to launch the executable.
Edit: Possibly because the Steam executable doesn't like this.
Edit the second: The GOG executable has been sucessfully edited, but although "Gamespy" account creation succeeds, login fails.

There are also alternate methods of connecting to the OpenSpy servers by redirecting the connections from gamespy to them. Haven't tried those yet.

Last edited:
Back