Saints Cops v0.13 *10-34 in progress, requesting SWAT assistance*

[edit] version 0.13 - I've decided all future versions will contain the <Destructor>. If you personally do not like how it unbalances gameplay or that it is mildly glitchy for pathfinding and such I suggest you exercise restraint and do not use it.

Version 0.13, now with homie phone options!

This mod adds Saints-styled vehicles to your Gang Customization > Vehicles list and somewhat modifies your phone homies.

2E1FC71B185881AB7717F83059B2AD783498E500

All currently implemented vehicles are already in the vanilla code, and thus completely compatible with multiplayer. The other player will even see your gang riding around in them. I cannot guarantee this will be the case with later versions of the mod. I have not yet tested the <Destructor> in multiplayer, all other vehicles work perfectly as intended.

E29AC10135F81C78E5D009269C40F045B45A3EEB

00EB0CF2F64216B441DCBB2AA97B65CE7C172C41

65C67A1109E95C3B11AC61C6D4F702F856D73509

Holy f%!k is that a TANK? Yep.
12DCCC8692EFD1A4446309B290534A99BCE2A948

Note: the tank is glitchy as hell as a gang vehicle. It appears to tend to or perhaps even ONLY appear on major roads (ones that are not side streets) and crashes into stuff on smaller roads a lot. Personally I would suggest not changing ALL of your gang vehicles to tanks, you may find your gang members spawning less (at least, I had something like that happen while testing).

I intend to update this so that various other police cars can be used by your gang: at least the Gunslinger police variant and the Pacemaker, as well as perhaps try to add a few others to the list, like the Saints N-Forcer or a few other military vehicles. Currently, these plans are on hold until either I'm able to figure out how to mod Saints versions of those vehicles into the game with the currently available tools or Volition releases alpha tools for SRIV.

As far as I am able to tell, this mod now adds ALL land vehicles with a Saints variant already in-code to the game. However, if you stumble across one that I missed, do not hesitate to bring it to my attention. Sadly, due to AI limitations, air vehicles are not available for gang customization (they will sit in traffic without moving).

as of v0.13, this mod now also re-adds the SWAT Homies from SRTT to the phone menu, and changes the car Saints Backup arrive in to a Police Pacemaker.

36333C85211AAD6378EBD1E20D9BBB659F9981C7

(note: this Pacemaker is legacy code from SRTT and is incorrectly flagged in the game files to have the Peacemaker logo and name in the garage. I cannot modify it to have the correct name. I am using this variant as a placeholder until I am able to add a Saints variant into the game.)

709EAB0D8775E15C776D060DF232D3875D80DD74

Installation: Place all files in the .zip into the same folder as your SaintsRowIV.exe.

***(FILE NOTE: This mod now modifies both gang_customization.xtbl and homies.xtbl, and is therefore not compatible with any mods that modify those files, including Past Gang Spawns and hoeward's New Homies mod. I would provide a way to add the functionality of my mod to at least New Homies except New Homies has already hit the maximum number of homies the game can support. Sadly, it'd be impossible to make these two mods work together entirely. It is possible to use only my gang_customization.xtbl with New Homies with no conflicts (to my knowledge) but adding the SWAT homies to his homies.xtbl would require other homies to be removed from the menu. This limitation is hard-coded and cannot be changed at this time.)***

Thanks to AxlRocks for the tips on unlocking the SWAT team, ZReincarnation for finding the Saints <Destructor>, and IdolNinja for the Vehicle List, which has been a great help.

Attachments

• saints cops v0_13.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,951
Last edited:
Yes, it's not an override. This adds them to the list as another option without replacing any of the six vanilla options.

F6CF1BD74BC14F64C84A8A85CDBE6DFA50597126

Nice find, very cool.

You forgot to include a readme with the install instructions, as it says to do in this thread, but other than that good job on your first mod.

Nice find, very cool.

You forgot to include a readme with the install instructions, as it says to do in this thread, but other than that good job on your first mod.
Well, I did include install instructions at the bottom of my post, right next to the attached file. It's fairly straightforward to add it to the game. I was intending to do a proper .zip of the files when I expanded the mod more, as right now it's just a small edit to a single file. If it's a problem I'll zip it up and write that in a readme in the morning but it's pushing 2 am here right now so I think I'll head to bed.

oh, i have 8 cars in the list (before install this mod) . probably some added by another mod . i test and see if the mod not otherwise another car (maybe its limited) .

btw, nice mod, hope you add some others car , like the N-force saints ^^

Back