Removed Clothes Restrictions

Erza's did not work for me either. What are the differences in our versions of the game that would make it work for some people, and not others?

I first tried the version for hats + tops but it didn't work for me, so I tried the version for hats only, but it didn't work either. After removing the customization_items.xtbl from my root folder I noticed ingame that when I put on a hat, the hat is shown in the hat menu, but when I leave the hat menu back to where you choose upper body, lower boddy, ect. the hat is missing. When I go back into the hat menu, I see my player wearing it. Even later I noticed that in Image as Designed that the long hairstyles such as 'long and straight' or 'lopsided' don't work properly. In the character creator they are shown just fine, but when I exit the creator my character has the hairstyle the game gives you when wearing a hat, but with the ponytail removed. I checked another savegame and found that everything worked as it should. Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to undo it?

The patched version of the "customization_items.xtbl" file adds new DLC clothing items, such as FRECKLE BITCH'S DELIVERY CHICK and SANTA HAT.
I suspect that if you save a game while wearing one of those DLC items (such as SANTA HAT), then replace "customization_items.xtbl" with an older unpatched version, then load the saved game, it may initially appear to work. But very strange things may happen if you then try to change clothes and save a game again, since those DLC items are no longer listed in "customization_items.xtbl". I haven't tested this theory, but I wouldn't want to take the risk. And also, of course, if you have DLC that's part of the patch and you don't used the patched version of "customization_items.xtbl", you will not see some of your DLC in stores.

The bottom line is, you should always use the patched version of "customization_items.xtbl" if you have the patched (current) version of the game. That's why I posted my original reply.

Last edited:
apologies if this is considered "Necro-ing" the topic, but i wanted to request on how you actually did this? i have another mod that uses the customization_items.xtbl and i find it to be... worthy of keeping, but this mod i would like to add for reasons of customization (nothing like within the pictures, but still...) basically i'm asking, what parts of the the xtbl did you change? and sorry if i'm breaking any rules, i'm actually pretty new to the forums in the sense of topics and comments.

apologies if this is considered "Necro-ing" the topic, but i wanted to request on how you actually did this? i have another mod that uses the customization_items.xtbl and i find it to be... worthy of keeping, but this mod i would like to add for reasons of customization (nothing like within the pictures, but still...) basically i'm asking, what parts of the the xtbl did you change? and sorry if i'm breaking any rules, i'm actually pretty new to the forums in the sense of topics and comments.
There's nothing wrong about replying to mod thread, even if it's quite old. About your question, check this thread. It includes detailed instructions how to merge mods.

Check page 2 of this thread.

Check page 2 of this thread.
Thank you and apologies, I'm new to actual modding. in the sense of Creating, or in this case, Editing and Mixing mods.

And also Big thanks to Fan of Saints, This will help ALOT. going through the actual code, i gotta give Modders props on that.

Back