SPOILERS Red Door or Blue Door on first play through?

Which door did you choose?

• Red Door

Votes: 72 52.9%
  • Blue Door

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • Check a FAQ or online to see what difference it makes

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
also if you read his text adventures Zinyak actually destroyed planets after taking the best people. so Earth was fucked anyway. Oh yeah, he is also an incessant liar about everything.
Didn't read all of Zinyak's story when I rescued Matt for the first time (waiting for a Collectible Finder, I'm lazy :p) but it wasn't very hard to imagine he was being a jerk hoping for the easy way. When it comes down to his MO, Zinyak is pretty much a predictable stock character, as in:
- Loves classical musical/theatre
- Is somewhat suave (though irritating)
- Sets up traps that will ultimately backfire in a bad, bad way
- Understimates the (anti)hero
I guess he didn't learn much from Earth's culture, James Bond villains are sorta "been there, done that" already :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Didn't read all of Zinyak's story when I rescued Matt for the first time (waiting for a Collectible Finder, I'm lazy :p) but it wasn't very hard to imagine he was being a jerk hoping for the easy way. When it comes down to his MO, Zinyak is pretty much a predictable stock character, as in:
- Loves classical musical/theatre
- Is somewhat suave (though irritating)
- Sets up traps that will ultimately backfire in a bad, bad way
- Understimates the (anti)hero
I guess he didn't learn much from Earth's culture, James Bond villains are sorta "been there, done that" already :rolleyes:
a la Philipe Loren. Volition loves their Bond villains :p

True but Philipe (sp?) was never given time to "shine", he dies too early in the story (yet I found him oddly more likeable than any other villain in TT or IV)
I agree, he was actually a pretty intimidating (and charming) villain that deserved a little more time. I think we can agree to disagree about him being more likable, that's okay though :3 (I have a soft spot for decker king Matt. Killbane...I love to hate him.) Though to be honest killing Zinyak was way too satisfying and I never spared him another thought so I'd take Loren over Zinyak if it was a choice. sorry I'm rambling now >.<

Matt Miller got his upgrade in SRIV - maybe I'm biased but my patience with cybergoths is very limited. Had a few discussions with some of them IRL, me being a troglodyte metalhead [cit. -_-] and all. SRIV's Miller is much better, a closeted fan-fic writer was funny. Still, I wouldn't trust a man with eyeliner, gotta agree with the Boss :p
Killbane... well, he would have been the perfect heel back in '90s wrestling. Now that I think of it, SRIV lacks secondary villains to keep you entertained - too many faceless foes (aside from temporary "named mobs" like Tanya, Maero, etc.]

Matt Miller got his upgrade in SRIV - maybe I'm biased but my patience with cybergoths is very limited. Had a few discussions with some of them IRL, me being a troglodyte metalhead [cit. -_-] and all. SRIV's Miller is much better, a closeted fan-fic writer was funny. Still, I wouldn't trust a man with eyeliner, gotta agree with the Boss :p
Killbane... well, he would have been the perfect heel back in '90s wrestling. Now that I think of it, SRIV lacks secondary villains to keep you entertained - too many faceless foes (aside from temporary "named mobs" like Tanya, Maero, etc.]
He did get a ton of character development in SR4 so instead of a place in my heart that place is now iron clad and dipped in gold (I always will view him as a little brother though rather then 'lover' like you need to complete his associated achievement) lol got to love the wise words of the bosses :3 I hear you on the lack of secondary foes. We can always hope that they will have considerable content heavy DLCs :)

Blue FTW
1) guess im still part RP´ler & not caring/collecting ahievments
2) my boss knew she would get to Ziniak eventually trusting in her own strength. why trust him. live, succeed or die trying. or take some door&trust some crazy alien. no way ^^

Last edited:
Chose the blue door because the way my characters sees himself he isn't bad for the human race, he's the 'cure'.
Chose red door on second play-through; laughed my arse off at what happened. Thanks Volition! :D

Back