Problems with the German version

Hey Guys,
i have some problems with my version of SR2
i played alot in the past before my 360 got stolen
and decided to buy SR2 trough Steam.

Well im from Germany and now i had the buggy german version,
i cant even get past the tutorial or loading saves that past the tutorial with the german low violent version.
i wouldnt mind playing it censored as long i can play it, though.

I tryed an uncensor patch + gentleman of the row (wich works fine because of the patch)
but i got the speedup bug and its kinda unplayeble for me, 'cause i wanted to play it for the story (i have SR:TT and SR IV for having crazy batshit fun)
and with cheatengine the cutscene gettin desynch... v.v"
and because of the uncensor patch i needed a new sr2_pc.exe wich is uncompatible with powertools...

You have a couple of options:
* Ask Steam to remove your censored version and have someone gift you a non-German key
* Use an OS other than Windows 7 which doesn't have the slowdown bug like either Vista or Windows 8.

There is a Third Option regarding the speed up issue, but you need to be somewhat knowledgeable about Bios settings, try entering into the Bios of your motherboard and look for anything that Says HPET or ACPI, just turn that option on and save your bios settings.

Start up Win7 and click Start, under the search option type CMD that it will bring a Command Prompt (a black window that resemble MS-DOS) and type the following in that black Window:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

Then click enter, you can now close that black window and finally reboot your PC, works like a charm!

I have Win7 x64 and i am not using PowerTools any longer, no speed issues after the trick.

So tryied it,
the first time i still had a little speedup.
But now it works perfectly fine.

Just remember kids, only use CMD as admins when you want to f*ckin mess with your PC :D

Edit: BTW Eta forgot to say you have to reboot after the CMD part,
for everyone who wants to try this

Glad to know it worked out for you.

And yes, after the CMD command line you do need to Reboot, i totally forgot it... my bad.

Back