playing SR3 before SR2?

i got the sr3 full package on ps3 as i had some voucher and i read that you dont need to play the previous games (waht i do normally!) so i started it but noticed in one early mission that someone is mentioned AISHA and talked about the past, then i was afraid about the story spoilers and stopped.

i guess you should play 2 to know more about the characters in 3?

then i got a wrong information before.... crap...

It all depends on what you consider a "need". It's not necessary to play 2 to understand what's going on on 3. However, it is all on a timeline, and events in 3 are based on what happens in 2. The protagonist is supposed to be the same person in all 3 games. For that matter, you should probably play 1, too, or at least watch a Let's Play. That's a link to Edna Mode's LP. I suggest skipping most of the gameplay and focusing on the story cutscenes if you watch it.

That said, i think 3 has relatively little to do with 1 and 2. Gat, Pierce, and Shaundi were present in 2, but that history not highly relevant to the story of 3. Aisha has no relevance in 3 at all; i don't even remember her being mentioned like that.

It all depends on what you consider a "need". It's not necessary to play 2 to understand what's going on on 3. However, it is all on a timeline, and events in 3 are based on what happens in 2. The protagonist is supposed to be the same person in all 3 games. For that matter, you should probably play 1, too, or at least watch a Let's Play. That's a link to Edna Mode's LP. I suggest skipping most of the gameplay and focusing on the story cutscenes if you watch it.

That said, i think 3 has relatively little to do with 1 and 2. Gat, Pierce, and Shaundi were present in 2, but that history not highly relevant to the story of 3. Aisha has no relevance in 3 at all; i don't even remember her being mentioned like that.

thanks a lot, sadly i have no xbox360 only ps3 and i dont want to get one atm ;) so i will order the (not really good version) of saints row 2 for ps3 but i enjoy SR3 atm so much i think waiting to get SR2 (1-2 weeks) would be stupid when the story isnt so dramatic and i can enjoy it later too cause otherwise the hyped moment atm flies away :(

thanks a lot, sadly i have no xbox360 only ps3 and i dont want to get one atm ;) so i will order the (not really good version) of saints row 2 for ps3 but i enjoy SR3 atm so much i think waiting to get SR2 (1-2 weeks) would be stupid when the story isnt so dramatic and i can enjoy it later too cause otherwise the hyped moment atm flies away :(

Why not order SR 2 for PC?

Back