Plaion is already closing support tickets and sending out "how did we do" email surveys.

As someone that's worked tech support for well over a decade for both large companies and the government, I feel like there's a deep misunderstanding about how ticketing systems and troubleshooting software works.

For instance, comparatively I've had people get menu errors in Adobe programs. They'll then proceed to send me the file they were working on stating that file is giving them issues. I'll then use the exact same application on my computer and not be able to recreate the bug they're experiencing because, shocker, there is a wildly varying number of variables that can effect this outcome. Far more than JUST the saved filed they're sending me to try opening on an application. This is effectively what a save file is for a game, it is a saved document being opened by a singular executable.

I say this very firmly as a very seasoned tech support worker, if we ask you for a screenshot, give us the screenshot.

I feel like there's a deep misunderstanding about how ticketing systems and troubleshooting software works.
Oh, no - don't misunderstand. We know how some companies set their support structure up, and just how woefully inefficient and performance metric orientated those setups are.

We suffer the results far too often.

Back