Plaion is already closing support tickets and sending out "how did we do" email surveys.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience, we appreciate you for reporting this issue to us, we would like to inform you that we are aware of this issue and we are diligently working to resolve it as soon as possible, however, we do not have an exact time frame to which this issue will be resolved.

We request your patience in this regard. We will be marking this conversation as solved, however, please be assured as we are working on this issue.

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:
In my experience, (Epic, installed on launch night,) 1.1.2.4376604 and 1.1.4.4380107 introduced more bugs than they fixed, and offered nothing of substance to my experience, anyway.

Shouldn't tickets remain open for additional information, at least until after the fixes have rolled out? You know, so we don't have to open a whole new batch of seemingly-unrelated tickets to tell Volition whether or not the fixes actually worked o_0

Not sure about this as today I received a mail from "Koch Media Player Support" asking me to further elaborate on the bug I was experiencing.

Sadly, this is how tickets systems work.
They're here to say something's wrong, and not when something's right.
Plus, letting too many tickets open could result in an endless list of tickets and the support team would just be completely lost and overwhelmed, resulting in then slower response time and less quality of response.

Not sure about this as today I received a mail from "Koch Media Player Support" asking me to further elaborate on the bug I was experiencing.
Yeah, I also had a bunch of template email replies, that request screenshots of things. Most of which I'd already provided savefiles for, as evidence.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience, we appreciate you for reporting this issue to us, we would like to inform you that we are aware of this issue and we are diligently working to resolve it as soon as possible, however, we request you to provide us with a few pieces of information so that we can investigate this issue further.

Please provide us with screenshots showing the exact challenges that you are encountering this issue with.
I also had a reply, telling me the bug where MP breaks challenge progression was fixed in Hotfix #1, and that I should update.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience, we appreciate you for reporting this issue to us, and we would like to inform you that we have fixed the issue in the recent hotfix. We would like you to update the game and see if it has helped in resolving the issue.
Take that as you will, but it obviously isn't filling me with confidence.

Plus, letting too many tickets open could result in an endless list of tickets and the support team would just be completely lost and overwhelmed, resulting in then slower response time and less quality of response.
I'm struggling to see the logic in that, when most of the replies I have had, look like they were simply batch replies to a keyword search.

I'm struggling to see the logic in that, when most of the replies I have had, look like they were simply batch replies to a keyword search.
Likely cus they received a ton of reports in a similair vein, so excuuuse them for not personalizing every mail.

Likely cus they received a ton of reports in a similair vein, so excuuuse them for not personalizing every mail.
You misunderstand.

I'm not after personalization - just that they actually read each ticket. Or, you know, at least take the time to glance at the attachment, and ask themselves if it might include the thing they're about to ask for.

I don't understand why they're so swamped, either. Surely they knew this was going out hot, and that they needed to prepare for a deluge?

You misunderstand.

I'm not after personalization - just that they actually read each ticket. Or, you know, at least take the time to glance at the attachment, and ask themselves if it might include the thing they're about to ask for.

I don't understand why they're so swamped, either. Surely they knew this was going out hot, and that they needed to prepare for a deluge?
*Nothing* can prepare a game company for launch day traffic and bug-finding, especially when it comes to multiplayer. Even "Titans of Triple A" like EA and Activision experience buggy horrorshows on launch.

There's a ton of reasons but I'd pin more on Deep Silver than V themselves, as behind every bad decision the math of it being the publisher's fault is often way higher.

Not enough QA, staff too focused by higher-up demands to put it out the door or the test-builds being "Good enough, print it and people will just forget later" for the publisher.

I feel they did their best with having a limited tickets system during a launch week. It's the best a human or several can do even if it's not efficient. We cannot verify if they will look at the attachments cus we don't have a camera view into their office nor assess their competence for the same reason. Nor do e-mail apps notify a sender that an attachment has been looked at.

I don't see a distinction between publisher and developer, in the post-release support process, and I'm not sure why the potential for allocation of blame is even relevant. Both companies draw their revenue from our purchase. Both companies are involved in the collation and processing of feedback. How the publisher and developer divvy up responsibility for this mess has nothing to do with us. (And ultimately, not something the majority of customers care about. They paid for something that doesn't work as advertised - that's the bit they care about.)

What is relevant is this: if someone sends you a savefile, demonstrating a bug, you don't ask for a screenshot of an in-game menu and disregard the savefile. You're trading one source of useful data, for something infinitely less-so. Just escalate the ticket to the developer, so they can open the save in the debug menu.

It highly depends on each companies. But i assume that most big companies already have quite a lot of tickets coming trough every day, so they have no choice but to give somewhat "random general response"

Back