On foot radio

Thanks a lot, it works well !

A remark though : Even after installing the last version of the mod, the keys to turn on/off the station stop working after doing an activity. I saw in this thread that some people have experienced the same thing (with earlier realeases of the mod).

Anyway, thanks again !
Yeah. I've worked out that the keys still actually work and they even tell the radio subsystem to change station, but it never actually *does* it. Trying to work out just why that happens is difficult :(

Yeah. I've worked out that the keys still actually work and they even tell the radio subsystem to change station, but it never actually *does* it. Trying to work out just why that happens is difficult :(

I was coming here to post this same message. The mod works great (and wow the game is so much more engaging with some music to listen to) but I noticed that sometimes the radio just stops playing and I can't get it to come back on unless I quit out and restart the game. In any event, thanks again @Minimaul for this great mod!

I noticed that sometimes the radio just stops playing and I can't get it to come back on unless I quit out and restart the game.
I think this is actually the same cause. Sometimes you'll have a long period of silence then it will randomly start playing again too. It's strange. Trying to debug this is a nightmare though :)

I can only imagine how tough it would be to isolate! Thanks again for the fantastic mod
It's more the fact that the game is a closed binary blob that I have to try and guess bits about. These are complicated systems - it'd be hard enough with the full source code!

How come when I try to extract the soundbank "radio_the_mix_media.bnk_pc" by putting it on the "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStreamingSoundbank" the command prompt only shows for a split second and doesn't actually extract anything? I tried this for both Saints Row IV, and Saints Row: The Third and got the same result.

I made sure to have the latest version (which was rev79) and I even tried using the one in the tutorial you had (which was rev47) and both times it didn't work. I also made sure ww2ogg and revorb were both in the same folder as the rest of ThomasJepp tools.

Essentially I think I tried everything I could and it just refuses to work. To clarify, I do have a legit copy of Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV, and Saints Row: Gat out of Hell.

The only thing I noticed that was different was that in your tools folder for ThomasJepp, it had a "packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin" file. So I tried to see if I could find that in the archived download folder and found nothing. So not sure if that is what's causing my problems.

How come when I try to extract the soundbank "radio_the_mix_media.bnk_pc" by putting it on the "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStreamingSoundbank" the command prompt only shows for a split second and doesn't actually extract anything? I tried this for both Saints Row IV, and Saints Row: The Third and got the same result.

I made sure to have the latest version (which was rev79) and I even tried using the one in the tutorial you had (which was rev47) and both times it didn't work. I also made sure ww2ogg and revorb were both in the same folder as the rest of ThomasJepp tools.

Essentially I think I tried everything I could and it just refuses to work. To clarify, I do have a legit copy of Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV, and Saints Row: Gat out of Hell.

The only thing I noticed that was different was that in your tools folder for ThomasJepp, it had a "packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin" file. So I tried to see if I could find that in the archived download folder and found nothing. So not sure if that is what's causing my problems.
There have been some changes to ExtractStreamingSoundbank that are probably causing this. The program now needs to know what game the file you're extracting came from - this is so it can decode any subtitles that are in the file. I need to update the tutorial to match.

I've just released revision 81 of the tools. They contain several .cmd files named "extract-soundbank-sr3.cmd", "extract-soundbank-sr4.cmd" and "extract-soundbank-srgooh.cmd" - simply drag your soundbank onto the correct one to extract it.

I'll update the tutorial with this new info.

I've just released revision 81 of the tools. They contain several .cmd files named "extract-soundbank-sr3.cmd", "extract-soundbank-sr4.cmd" and "extract-soundbank-srgooh.cmd" - simply drag your soundbank onto the correct one to extract it.

I'll update the tutorial with this new info.

Thank you! I'll be sure to try out the updated version ASAP.

Back