NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod

Attachments

• NPC BaSM v.24 character.xtbl.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Thank god for that, pretty glad about this :)

Out of curiosity, how does it break the dlc missions?

I'm really not sure what's causing the problem this time. If I had to guess, the game doesn't have enough memory to load the dlc2 characters and my new characters.xtbl entries at the same time and is crashing due to that.

are there any..."less important" characters that could be removed from your new entries to allow for the new DLC ones to work?

Nope. Messing up the character lines by adding new entries was what caused the cutscene bug, and moving the character entries back to their original lines just led to even more problems. I'm doubtful the mod will ever work 100% properly as long as there are any new entries. The best solution will come in the form of mod packfile support. Feel free to delete shit at random and see if it fixes anything, though.

If I have all possible homies in the main game and all the current available DLCs unlocked, it appears that phoning any HTSSC homies will crash the game. (Happens even with the v.24 character.xtbl.) It seems that all homies before HTSSC (including the Hey Ash Whatcha Playin? DLC pack) can be called just fine.

shitface, do you reckon the this homie bug can be fixed?

If I have all possible homies in the main game and all the current available DLCs unlocked, it appears that phoning any HTSSC homies will crash the game. (Happens even with the v.24 character.xtbl.) It seems that all homies before HTSSC (including the Hey Ash Whatcha Playin? DLC pack) can be called just fine.

shitface, do you reckon the this homie bug can be fixed?

No, because my theory- as I posted before, is that the game doesn't have enough memory to load both the new DLC characters and the new entries to characters.xtbl at once, which is why these problems are happening. The only true fix will come from Volition when they up the memory limits and implement mod packfile support.

Edit: This is a really confusing Christmas crash, and may be caused by the memory limits in SR4,

Is that like the same issues that Fallout and Fallout: New Vegas had? There was something with memory, and 2 GB's wasn't enough...so somebody made a mod that allowed for 4 GB's, and then gamers everywhere were happy because their game no longer crashed and froze. (Me being one of them) :D

Back