NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod

Hey, there. I'm looking get some help applying your mod. Ever since I re-installed my game, I cant seem to run it with the modded files in my game directory. I love this mod to death and it's SR:TT version, but it simply won't work for me. I'm positive it's an error on my part, I'm just wondering if any one has encountered this issue before and brought it to your attention. If so, is there a process or steps I can take to resolve my issue? If not, I understand. Thanks for your time, and of course the mods!

Hey, there. I'm looking get some help applying your mod. Ever since I re-installed my game, I cant seem to run it with the modded files in my game directory. I love this mod to death and it's SR:TT version, but it simply won't work for me. I'm positive it's an error on my part, I'm just wondering if any one has encountered this issue before and brought it to your attention. If so, is there a process or steps I can take to resolve my issue? If not, I understand. Thanks for your time, and of course the mods!

Which other mods do you have installed?

I had two other mods installed, Extended Wardrobe, and SRIV Clothes Fixes. That however, was before I re-installed my game. I had to after I blew it big time. (I dug to far into files and screwed things up. Beyond my pay grade) Once I had downloaded the game again, I ran it, closed it, applied your mod and then booted it up again. The game would only get to the 8-bit loading screen and then close, the second time, the game wouldn't boot up at all.

Last edited:
I'm guessing here that you forgot to update your .asm files after installing SRIV Clothes Fixes and Extended Wardrobe, both of which use the same .asm file to load their modified textures and thus requiring an update or the game will crash. Download minimaul's sr4 tools and run stream2update.exe to automatically update the files.

Now, if you deleted the game and are still having problems, is it possible that you left old mod files in your sr4 folder which were not removed by the steam uninstaller? You may have old files lingering there and causing your problem. Also, make sure you install all the included files in my mod according to the instructions in the readme.

I have a loose grasp on Saints Row IV modding, but I really want to learn more. After poking around in the XTBL files, I found Rollerz car variants, and as a big fan of mods like the NPC Behavior and Spawn Mod, the Past Gangs Spawning Mod and "A new Enemy in Town" for SR3, I was inspired to use those car variants and recolored temp pedestrians to add a jury rigged, but functional version of the Rollerz to the open world in addition to what the SR4 mods accomplished. I was also hoping to do the same for Masako goons, and maybe add Los Carnales out of whatever I could find. But after a week or so of crashes and hang-ups, and generally spinning my wheels, I'm hoping and praying that someone could be patient with me and work with me to get this done.

I was able to make Rollerz and Carnales characters, gave them special cars, and used notoriety_spawn.xtbl to make them appear in game and I'm really proud of that. I'm so close, I just need some help

I would not recommend trying to add anything else to my mod as the limit for character entries in the current table has been reached, meaning that you will need to delete or replace another entry to add new characters without crashing the game. There are very few unused entries left as I had to get a little creative with them to fit new characters and content in, so you will likely have to cut some stuff. The game wouldn't really be more fun with a couple new gangs made up of recoloured civilians, imo. Try to think of something new!

You also need to keep in mind that moving the saints_ and temp_ character entries from their current positions in the table file (same line #s as in the vanilla characters.xtbl) will result in those characters not showing up in cutscenes. Expect a lot of headaches if you're going to try and make any changes to this mod, as it is the thing is a giant hackish mess and I'm amazed that it works as well as it does. Well, not really, because I rule.

I made the gang character entries by overwriting the temp_ entries in the character.xtbl file that used the same models, used the notoriety_spawn.xtbl to make them appear in game, and the game is working fine. What I want to know is how to make them spawn on the streets and drive around in cars like the other gangs. I know it's sounds crude to use recolored citizen models for new gangs, but it always bugged me how every gang in the series is somewhere in the game files except for the rollerz and carnales, despite they’re being car variants for them, and since the gangs in saints row 1 looked like recolored citizens anyway, I figured it couldn't hurt.

Rollerz

Last edited:
You will need to create a new spawn_info_group for the "rollerz" gang or assign them to an unused group. Then you need to add that group to each area of the city by editing spawn_info_categories and adding the new group to each city category, along with the values that determine how many appear, and how likely it is they will spawn. Be sure that the characters have been assigned to the "neutral gang" team in character.xtbl, and that they're using a spawn_info_rank that will outfit them with whatever weapons you want them to be equipped with.

Back