No More Car Scratches

-Description-
In Saints Row: The Third, a fully upgraded car could take a ton of hits before showing any visible damage. In Saints Row IV, a car's paint can be scratched easily even when fully upgraded, and repairing the car won't remove these scratches. This small mod removes the paint scratch effect for those who would prefer to play without it.

-Installation Instructions-
Move decal_info.xtbl into your Saints Row IV directory and run the game.

Attachments

• NoMoreCarScratches (1.0).7z
    2.1 KB · Views: 2,841
Last edited:
cool

Nice mod, my precious cars no longer look like shit. Hey, can you tell or show me the sliders for your character's face? She looks really cute :3

One of the things I didn't like about Saints Row: The Third was that cars got dented and crushed but didn't get scratched. So you would end up with crinkly shiny metal when a car was damaged, which looked strange. Saints Row IV is much more realistic with the scratches, but I'd like to keep the ability to get scratched but be able to repair it at Rim Jobs. Is there any way to do that?

One of the things I didn't like about Saints Row: The Third was that cars got dented and crushed but didn't get scratched. So you would end up with crinkly shiny metal when a car was damaged, which looked strange. Saints Row IV is much more realistic with the scratches, but I'd like to keep the ability to get scratched but be able to repair it at Rim Jobs. Is there any way to do that?
As far as I know, Rim Jobs is hardcoded in a way that that's unfortunately not possible. I'll look into it later to see if I can find anything.

The scratches are nice concept, but they look kinda horrible in the face of the rest of the games pretty decent graphics. Barely bump a pole then all of a sudden a bunch of low rez scratches appear half way down my car? No thanks.

Love mods like this, simple and useful, thanks for sharing.

Awesome, thanks Firefanix! :D I hated spending the money at Rim Jobs only to still have my car looking all scratched.

Back