Need help about PowerTools

Okay, so, I have Windows 7 64-bit and Intel i7-2600k @ 3.40ghz, my game indeed goes rather fast.

I read of PowerTools on an unofficial FAQ made by IdolNinja, so I decided to use it.

Though I wonder, am I forced to use two decimals only? Or I can use as many decimals as I want? I am trying to make it slow down exactly to 3.20ghz, which for my 3.40ghz it would be at least 0.9412.

Also, sometimes I experience strange slowdowns that I don't think they should happen. Can PowerTools do this?

Yes you can go out to as many decimal places as you want. Also, have you tried that beta version that automatically calculates the values so you don't have to manually set a value in the ini.

Try to do the stopwatch test. I think it is in the FAQ too. It just take a little time to find the very best value.

I also have an i7 proc and, with the beta powertool, it comes really slow. So I adjusted the ratio alone, in the powertool.ini. Advice : let the ratio to 1.0 and use this time to make a little calculation to find a value near the best.

Back