Murderbot Weapons

I'm using my modified version of his mod and had no problems except when i originaly installed it i lost a few upgrades. After i reupgraded them i never had a problem. I think the game does that because items in the inventory where changed and i only lost my upgrades in that category. So i see no problem with his mod except when it's added to a saved game you will lose your upgrades to that category when initialy installed.

Yeah changing the inventory slots is the cause.

Dissapearing weapon upgrades bug usually happens if there are references to unexisting items_inventory entries in weapon_costumes.xtbl. That might be caused by following:
  • You've removed items_inventory entries for currently existing weapons.
  • You've added new weapon/weapon costume and forgot to create items_inventory entry for it.
  • You've used outdated files.
I'll check your files and see what could be wrong.

EDIT: Hm, what's the point of editing temporary versions of the minigun and the minethrower arm? I'm pretty sure this will mess up murderbots, it'd be much smarter to just add 'special_drop' attribute to these temporary versions and set it to 'Murderbot_Mine-Unlockable' and 'Murderbot_Mini-Unlockable'. Then murderbots would drop permanent versions while they'd use temporary ones. I've done something like that in my Expanded Arsenal Mod.

EDIT 2: Well, there are two versions of temporary murderbot weapons - one for murderbots and one for the personal character. Ones for murderbots have 'special_drop' attribute already and it's set to 'Murderbot_Minigun-PC' or 'Murderbot_Minethrower-PC' (and you didn't change these entries at all). That means murderbots use your modified version but they drop vanilla one...

EDIT 3: At the first sight I don't see any mistakes that would cause upgrades to dissapear, I'll test these files tomorrow.

The MBs work just fine with the changes. None of the MB mini guns have a sweeping pattern, yes that includes the robots using them. Also that makes the MBs more lethal.

I kept the "mechanics" like vanilla as far as drop types. I didn't want them permanent because you can get them at the store. Also I didn't want to mess around with upgrade, so that there is a trade off of the two types of MB weapons.

Thanks for looking at it. The mod is working as it should.

I was using a more complicated mod a year ago or so and never really used any of the added changes, also that mod is not compatible anymore. I made this simple mod for myself and thought others would like to use it.

Have fun everyone! :D

Last edited:
Back