Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

Can I ask how to use String Tools? Well, it converts .le_strings to .txt file, but it shows some weird numbers instead of string names. I also tried with commandline - the same result. :confused:
I'll look into a solution similar to Stream2Update - I should be able to fetch the relevant XTBL files directly from misc_tables.vpp_pc.

Sorry if someone already asked it:
Is there any solution to editing fonts in Saints Row 2, 3 and Saints Row 4?

I wanna translating them (SR2: ~80%, SR3: ~20%, SR4: ~5%) to Hungarian language and our mother language has some very special characters - they won't apperaing in the game.
Characters (ASCII):

Alt + 1163=ő
Alt + 1162=Ő
Alt + 1275=ű
Alt + 1259=Ű

I hope someone will help me with a solution. Thank you!

I wanna translating them (SR2: ~80%, SR3: ~20%, SR4: ~5%) to Hungarian language and our mother language has some very special characters - they won't apperaing in the game.
Characters (ASCII):

Alt + 1163=ő
Alt + 1162=Ő
Alt + 1275=ű
Alt + 1259=Ű

Maybe try to copy signs from German language files. Well, they aren't the same, but very simillar.

Characters (ASCII):

Alt + 1163=ő
Alt + 1162=Ő
Alt + 1275=ű
Alt + 1259=Ű

I'm afraid there are probably no characters in the fonts for these. I'd suggest asking in Ask Volition and seeing if any of the Volition staff know more.

Fan of Saints, Minimaul: thanks for replies :)

I just hoped there is some solution for editing the SR's fonts and pack them up into the archives for proper translations. :(
I wonder asking the Volition staff would be a good way. Thank you :)

Could any one help me I am trying to build a string file using the latest version of these tools and it just doesnt seem to be working

I am draging my Hud_US into the Build Strings exe then Commmand Prompt opens up for a second then close's but no string file has been created every other tool iv used so far has worked fine they have been unpacking tools tho

I would be greatfull for any help any one could provide

Edit:I fixxed problem in the end just went thro and swaped out unused entries such as angel and oleg and then put in my new characters then was able to build string file

Last edited:
I had problems with "voice_script_<non_us_language>.le_strings" files... :(
Sadly, in the "voice_script_us.le_strings" file has just this line: 949216553: "I need that!"

When someone want to translating ALL TEXTS in Saints Row 2-3-4, he must to HEX editing - [unpacking *.bnk files with BNK Unpacker doesn't help, 'cause we have to use same solution [HEX editing] for DMAV files!) - with character limit.
Maybe it would be a great way to solve this if we can editing them other way... I mean: all texts of cutscenes, and cell phone callings...

Where am I supposed to extract these tools so that the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe can find my SR4 folder?

I think the program is ment to auto detect the install location as by default it should be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\

I did read somthing about using this file in this post at the bottom when updating asm's

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...louts-and-the-technically-inept-like-me.1999/

Check out that post near bottom, I also know that all tools are cmd line based so you can write a batch file to say what files you want it to edit etc im not 100% about this but I did read over a post Idol Ninja wrote on here saying how to do it dont now link to post tho sorry,

Hopefully some one can get you a link or some one might know more about this to help you out more :D

Hope this helps in some kind of way

Back