Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

Where am I supposed to extract these tools so that the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe can find my SR4 folder?
Stream2Update should find your SR4 folder automatically.
Is there something different about your Steam installation?

Thanks for this tool Minimaul.;)
I was able to extract the characters.vpp_pc and edited a few .str2_pc files specifically textures for the gimp girls.

Now I have a folder with 7 edited str2_pc files and I ask you sir, is there an easy way to update the .asm_pc file ( character_containers.asm_pc ) pertaining to all the .str2_pc files within this folder all at once ?

Updating the .asm for a single .str2_pc I have done using the checkbox but kinda not sure about updating the .asm for multiple .str2_pc files.

Or perhaps, is there an "update asm.exe" in the works for the next version ?

Last edited:
Thanks for this tool Minimaul.;)
I was able to extract the characters.vpp_pc and edited a few .str2_pc files specifically textures for the gimp girls.

Now I have a folder with 7 edited str2_pc files and I ask you sir, is there an easy way to update the .asm_pc file ( character_containers.asm_pc ) pertaining to all the .str2_pc files within this folder all at once ?

Updating the .asm for a single .str2_pc I have done using the checkbox but kinda not sure about updating the .asm for multiple .str2_pc files.

Or perhaps, is there an "update asm.exe" in the works for the next version ?

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe
Already included in the tool archive.

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe
Already included in the tool archive.
Thanks Arglaar.:D
I just downloaded the latest version of Minimauls's Tools rev.22 but still not sure how to update the .asm_pc file for it's corresponding .str2_pc files.( 7 .str2_pc files contained within 1 folder ):confused:

I just downloaded the latest version of Minimauls's Tools rev.22 but still not sure how to update the .asm_pc file for it's corresponding .str2_pc files.( 7 .str2_pc files contained within 1 folder ):confused:

I dont know if this will help you at all I kno its for SR3 but only diffrence is you use diffrent tools I think
at the bottom is a little about updating asm's I kno thers like 2 ways to do it with Minimauls tools one with the gui repacker and one with the streamtoupdate tool i think its called

dont know of this helps at all :)

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe: a tool that automatically extracts the necessary asm_pc files for your current mods and updates them appropriately.

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe: a tool that automatically extracts the necessary asm_pc files for your current mods and updates them appropriately.

Thanks again Arglaar.;)

I noticed that the Streams2Update.exe updates all the .asm_pc files within the main root folder and messed up my game causing it to freeze.
Is there a way to make the Streams2Update.exe update .asm_pc files contained within a specified folder ?

Use this instead:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe: a command line tool that can update asm_pc files as well as provide information about the contents of asm_pc files.

However, if updating your ASM files is causing your game to freeze, then something else is wrong. Streams2update will only update the ASM files if there's a mod in your game that requires that ASM.
Meaning, you need to update those ASM files to get it to work anyways.

If it's locking up after you update them, then perhaps something else is wrong.
Maybe Minimaul has an idea.

Try deleting all ASMs in your root directory then running Stream2Update.

It pulls the current version of the ASM from the packfiles and then updates them using the files in your SRIV folder.

Try deleting all ASMs in your root directory then running Stream2Update.

It pulls the current version of the ASM from the packfiles and then updates them using the files in your SRIV folder.

Thanks Minimaul:)
I removed all the ASMs from the root directory and noticed that it replaced them all with new updated ASMs for all the mods but the game still frooze.:(
I had to remove all the mods and reinstall them using their ASMs that came with the mods in order to get the game to work without locking.
Is there a way to update the asm ( character_containers.asm_pc ) and it's corresponding .str2_pc files within a specified folder? So as not to interfere with the existing mods that are in the root folder.:D

I'm working on a mod that retextures the gimp girls ( all new face texture ) so they appear unmasked.
I got this mod to work in SR3 and hope to get it to work in SR4.
gimpunmasked1.png

Last edited:
Back