Minigun Madness

can the minigun be placed in the special category, be dual-wielded? does anyone know how to do this? and be upgraded to exploding ammo or lightning ammo?

Last edited:
Could you please tell me what is the weapons.xtbl name of (M4) Automatic Rifle
Default for player "Rifle-Gang" = M4/M16/AR15 style rifle.
There are 3 other versions as well "Rifle-Gang_Cutscene", "Rifle-GangM00", and "Rifle-GangM00-NPC"

can the minigun be placed in the special category, be dual-wielded? does anyone know how to do this? and be upgraded to exploding ammo or lightning ammo?
The only locations where Dual Wield is an available option are the Pistol slot and the SMG slot.

what about double `merica gun it`s gonna be just like in the mask movie :D
You would have to do 2 things to the "weapons.xtbl" - (this is the weapons table for the game and it tells the game where a weapon goes, how much damage it has at the base level, rate of fire, magazine size, and pretty much everything for all the weapons in the game be VERY careful when editing this file).
1. Change the <Inv_Slot>special</Inv_Slot> for the Merica <name>Rifle-Commander</Name> from: "special" to "pistol" or "smg"
2. Add this into the flag area for that weapon <Flag>dual wieldable</Flag>

Doing those 2 changes to the weapons.xtbl will both move the weapon to a dual wield location and enable dual wield.
Just remember to buy dual wield in the combat menu of your hub/phone.
The weapon will still use Rifle ammo, unless you change the ammo type.

Joe...
Any chance of adding in melee weapons?
Like the large Combat Knife from mission 1, or maybe the Ladle from one of Pierce's Mission's.

I'm really wondering if there would be a way to change the MC's fighting style to match Gat's.
IE have the Combat Knife in the Melee slot and do a Melee hit while holding the rifle = Gat's round house knife thrust.
Just a thought.

Edit
The CombatKnife.str2_pc is in the preload_items.vpp_pc, so its probably not skinable, but may be able to be used ingame...

Now if I could just find the str2 for the WP_RoninSword... Jyunichi has it in one of the missions, so it's gotta be in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Yah, selective fire baby! Though there are times I lilke full auto rock n roll. What, with 100 round magazines what could go wrong?
I just learn to not be so trigger happy , which is a challenge in a game like this since ammo is so cheap. Cough.

First try it without other mods.

If that doesn't work, please link your Steam account to the forum and set up a public profile in Steam or invite me, so we can be sure that you have the correct version of the game. Crashing caused by mods is often a symptom of using a cracked version, and we don't want to waste time trying to support that.

Back