Merge two Mods with same XTBL name?

I swore I saw an guide on how to do this linked by IdolNinja in one of the posts but for the life of me I cannot find it, I spent close to 5hrs scouring the site last night and its eluding me. I apologize but any help on how to do this is appreciated. :confused:

A guide isn't really necessary. You simply need to use Winmerge and compare the two files:
http://winmerge.org/

Some of the formatting in the vanilla xtbl files is a little wonky so you may want to first use Notepad++ and the XML Tools plugin to format both the vanilla file and the modded one with the "Pretty Print -XML Only (with line breaks)" option. That way comparing them will be much easier since Winmerge will only highlight the single entry values that have changed.

Where is the video? I've tried to do this several times but it just says the files or the same or some crap.

There is no video. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. If it says the files are identical, then that means that they are.

I swore I saw an guide on how to do this linked by IdolNinja in one of the posts. <-- That was what the guy who made this thread said. And it recognized the differences but whatever I do next just makes it say the files are suddenly identical. I have no idea why, I've tried like 20 times with two weapons.xtbl files.

A guide on how to do something does not infer only a video. If it says its identical, that means it is like IdolNinja said. The program isn't gonna lie to you.

I have actually no idea how to use it to merge 3 character.xtbl. >.< I tried to use WinMerge but I really have no idea what I am doing wrong. And when I use kdiff3, it keeps saying there are 19 conflicts that it can't solve and I have no idea on how to solve those. -.-'

This is almost like chinese to me. I am really weak when it comes to these things.

Back