Menus Lock-Up

All in all, SR4 has been very stable for me, the only issue I have had is with the in-game menus, like for the Garage and Wardrobe, getting stuck occasionally.
It will happen during a transition from one part of the menu to another. The Previous menus will move off the screen, but the next menu never appears. Music keeps going, background stay animated, but no keys or clicks will do anything, except that Alt-F4 still functions. Which says to me the game isn't freezing up entirely so much as getting hung up waiting for the next menu to load, which doesn't load for some reason.
It happens irregularly, but enough so that I've made a habit of saving before doing much shopping or customization.

I'm getting this too. I've noticed that it happens more after a long play session and my game starts performing badly. I've also seen it happen when backing in and out of menus too fast, as well as when I have apps running in the background like a browser and take a performance hit.

Sorry if I am not supposed to post in here but I noticed something else that might be worth noting, if you switch between keyboard and joystick (such as a 360 controller) the game recognizes the different device (changing the prompt from Esc to B) but still doesn't respond to it.

I notice menu freeze up whenever I chose Tempress (the sports car) or Sovereign (sports car as well) when I try to select it through the gateway or rimsjob menu.

I've had this happen a couple of times too when using a controller to play and while in the menus using a mouse.

This happens a lot for a friend and myself during coop; trying to change outfits will result in the menu becoming unresponsive, the only way to get out is to get attacked.
Changing suits or individual pieces of clothing works fine though.

It happened to me as well. Three times so far, I've been playing since Friday (~8h).

Back