.le_strings file format

I was considering warning him. ;)

EDIT:
But then I thought better of tormenting the guy who was actually creating tools I have been dying to use for three years. :)

Finally those stupid looking hacky weapon names in GotR are fixed! Thanks Mike Wilson and Minimaul! :D

CFAC8B03E9CC18516B8AD5DFD0F976E5EA8428A4

Edit: OK, I think we've confirmed this in steam chat. The rest of the file structure is identical between SR2 on PC and SRTT on PC, but SR2 on PC has the text in a big-endian format, not little-endian. That makes perfect sense. o_O
It wouldn't surprise me if that were because the 360 and PS2 are PPC-based, which runs in BE mode more often than LE, and they wanted to use identical assets 'n' datafiles between the systems.

I'm actually slightly more surprised that the hash isn't using a modulus, and is only using a straight AND.

It wouldn't surprise me if that were because the 360 and PS2 are PPC-based, which runs in BE mode more often than LE, and they wanted to use identical assets 'n' datafiles between the systems.

I'm actually slightly more surprised that the hash isn't using a modulus, and is only using a straight AND.
Nah, the files should be little-endian and for SRTT they are. The structs are all little-endian too - it's purely a fuckup on behalf of the people who did the port.

edit: I asked, and the 360 and PS3 use be_strings files ;)

Back