Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh. oh how i hurt. i found my own problem: the xtbl was outdated. >< with deleting it and updating it. it fixed my problem.
Which mod was that? I think there might be an issue with the Better Weapons Mod with the weapon upgrade not applying between auto saves. I'm not 100% sure though, I don't want to complain or anything. I know how much hard work goes into modding.

I tried that numerous times.. no such luck. I also tried leaving it off to see if the UI just has it backwards.. no such luck.

Uninstalled and re-installed the game the day before the buggy patch, didn't do any good either.

But like I said, its no big thing.

If no one has said yet, job well done on patching the patch. A few players have some oddities (however we have modded games sooo....) but it sounds like there were no broken saves, lost DLC, or so on. We temporarily couldn't use some preorder bonuses, but we could access weapons we couldn't before. Duel Dubstep guns, The Zin robots laser.....all in all.....best glitch ever.

I searched around the net, my radio station thing is something that seems to be affecting quite a few.

It can't be a hardware issue because if it was a hardware issue, the station would tune in and just not play the music. It just isn't turning the radio on so it could be my saves are glitched. And well, I only keep 3 saves at a time and they're all relatively new. So I'll have to wait until I start a new game to see if it's just a glitched save. Yeah, I'm going to a lot of trouble to figure out how to fix it when I eventually disabled it from being automatic in SR3 anyways, but I like things to work even if I don't plan on using them.

Off topic, I'm 50% into the achievements and I see some teacup one.. is that one of the last levels? I'm afraid to search about it online because I don't want it entirely spoiled.

Loaded up my save from before the Tuesday patch with all the same mods in place and everything seems to be fine. Played for about 5 hours, I was having withdrawals.

What I did notice was the alien guns and a couple others were either missing from Friendly Fire or I needed to buy them again. Then slowly over the course of playing they started to come back again without me doing anything. Made quite a few upgrades and all is well.

Thanks devs for the quick response this week!

"- The Volition and Deep Silver teams would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the recent patch error. We are looking into future ways to thank everyone for their patience and understanding."

Interesting...:D
I'll be happy enough if they actually fixed the problems.

I'm still having duplicate weapons, missing customization options, car customization issues, repeating audio logs on load and the challenges counter says I have 2147483647 challenges left, among other things.

I tried everything, even downloading the game again.

Thank gods for IdolNinja. Now at least the weapons are fixed.

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...e-duplicate-dubstep-gun-in-latest-patch.4157/

Why can't they request saves from players and test against those? They won't fix anything until they try with the actual saves affected by the bugs, yet I haven't seen them asking anyone for their saves anywhere. Unless they can they get save data from players without asking them, they must ask players for saves.

Which mod was that? I think there might be an issue with the Better Weapons Mod with the weapon upgrade not applying between auto saves. I'm not 100% sure though, I don't want to complain or anything. I know how much hard work goes into modding.

I had the same issue. It might the mod too. I had a custom made Weapons mod and that seemed to be the problem. Remove the mod and see if that does anything.

EDIT: I would also Love to extend a BIG Thank You to Volition for taking the time to fix this issue.

Last edited:
I'll be happy enough if they actually fixed the problems.

I'm still having duplicate weapons, missing customization options, car customization issues, repeating audio logs on load and the challenges counter says I have 2147483647 challenges left, among other things.

I tried everything, even downloading the game again.

Why can't they request saves from players and test against those? They won't fix anything until they try with the actual saves affected by the bugs, yet I haven't seen them asking anyone for their saves anywhere. Unless they can they get save data from players without asking them, they must ask players for saves.

You'd be like the only person its not working for, people who have claimed the patch didn't work in previous pages found the problem was in their files or the patch really WAS NOT installed. Since you say you even re-downloaded the game (which indicates you removed all the old files including mods) I would start a new game. The problem is fixed. Except for the Dildo Bat & Probe customization, and Dual Dubstep (which was a glitch prior to this problem anyway).

"- The Volition and Deep Silver teams would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the recent patch error. We are looking into future ways to thank everyone for their patience and understanding."

Interesting...:D

Overall, especially on the STEAM forums themselves, I haven't seen much 'patience and understanding.' :p And I don't think they owe us anything further, let alone an apology. Ere a lot of people owe Volition and Deepsilver an apology for their self-entitled tantrums! I, for one, am happy and grateful they've been working around the clock to get this fixed ASAP. And if you think a few days is slow, look at how a company like EA treats its customers. Volition is a LOT smaller; and yet they went the extra mile and beyond to resolve this: by an act of sheer volition, indeed!

I hear you, that forum was a nightmare. I only went to see if anyone else had a bug after the DLC was added and BOOM! - Hate land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back