Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Robocop" looking gun wouldn't pull up the "skin menu" at first but it's working fine now, so the only issue I've come across is the penetrator one. The weapons I upgrade stay upgraded, and everything seems to be where it's supposed to be. And I picked up whatever they call that redneck dlc pack and it works like a charm, the plunger gun is pretty damn amusing.

I still need to test the other melee weapons, I've only tested the penetrator thing to find out what others were talking about. It really isn't a big issue since I don't use the penetrator but I do like using the other melee weapons.
One thing that may be my imagination, it seems to me that when I'm in the "matrix", the people, cars, and walls are breaking up more frequently than before. It could be because I'm further into the game and have all the towers shut down, or it could be my imagination and maybe it was always like that and I was to busy flying around to notice.

One thing that may be my imagination, it seems to me that when I'm in the "matrix", the people, cars, and walls are breaking up more frequently than before. It could be because I'm further into the game and have all the towers shut down, or it could be my imagination and maybe it was always like that and I was to busy flying around to notice.

Not your imagination. I noticed this too. :)

The more of your map is purple... the more frequent the purposeful visual glitches are. Shows you're stickin' it to the sim.

The more of your map is purple... the more frequent the purposeful visual glitches are. Shows you're stickin' it to the sim.

Yeah, that's what I figured since right before the patch that broke things came out I took over another hood but never had a chance to really play in it after due to the broken patch.

But the thing is, me no likey.

It's like back in the 80's when I'd rent a movie and the screen would go all wonky, I'd be like fuck, the tape or my vcr is dying and I'd start playing with the tracking button, but then it would turn out the director thought it would be cute to intentionally go for that look.

Yeah.. cute.

oh. oh how i hurt. i found my own problem: the xtbl was outdated. >< with deleting it and updating it. it fixed my problem.

Yeah, that's what I figured since right before the patch that broke things came out I took over another hood but never had a chance to really play in it after due to the broken patch.

It's like back in the 80's when I'd rent a movie and the screen would go all wonky, I'd be like fuck, the tape or my vcr is dying and I'd start playing with the tracking button, but then it would turn out the director thought it would be cute to intentionally go for that look.

Yeah.. cute.
Planet Terror and Machete among other films do that NOW lol.

I liked some of the screen effects though, the numbers one toward the end of the game is amazing.

In The Matrix, 'a glitch is when they change something.' It happened once, or maybe twice. Not every 2 seconds. :) But I suppose subtlety was never the Saints strong suit to begin with. :p

Then again, as Kinzie keeps reminding you, you *are* disrupting the system: would be kinda strange if it didn't show somehow.

The npc's roaming the streets with elongated arms and huge eyeballs in certain areas of the map pull that off just fine, I imagine those are the purple areas as well since I always see it near a gateway.

As for bugs..

I noticed when I hijack a car or just get into one of my cars, the radio doesn't automatically come on like it did in SR3. I have it set to always come on just like in SR3, it just doesn't. And this didn't start after one of the patches. The only time the radio will be turned on automatically is when I'm on a mission that involves one of the team turning it on so they can do a sing along. It isn't really a big deal since all I have to is hit a button and bingo, music. I'm just wondering what the deal is.

Didn't read that correctly, whoops. Try turning it off and then on in the settings if you haven't tried that already. the UI could be telling you it's on even though it's actually off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back