It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but pirated games are more stable than the originals !!!1!11!
Sometimes i get the BSoD, but the game never freezes!!!1!

my frend gave dis game tome and i did'nt hav e to instal it on shity steam
anyway y dos'nt it wrk? :confused:

User was permanently banned for this post and multiple other warnings
What's your problem eurotrash?

What, you mean besides the fact that I seem to be the only one who's supposed to obey Rule #1? I've been reading through the wonderful crap that you people have posted here and the first word that comes to mind is...

hypocrite.jpg

Seriously? Denouncing piracy is understandable. Maybe even worth praising... well not really. But what exactly gives you the right to judge what others spend or don't spend their money on? Actually, screw that. Since Volition pretty much owns this site now that's understandable as well, so let me reformulate, what the fuck gives you the right to judge people who pirate software when you do that as well?

You people act like you're such fucking saints (no pun intended). If the authorities were to actually arrest anybody who pirates be sure you'd be in a jail cell with them as well. Remember those MP3's you've been listening to on Winamp? Remember those TV series you've been watching on YouTube? I admit I'm not sure whether unlocking on-disk DLC really is illegal, but if it is then I'm pretty sure there is no exception in the Terms of Agreement that says you're permitted to unlock DLC if you're a well-known modder. That might fly now that Idol is BFF's with Volition but that wasn't always the case.

Not to mention, you're not even doing yourselves a favor by doing that. Here's why:

The way that trading in the modern world works is that you give currency for goods. Now, exactly whether the goods are worth the amount of currency you paid can only be guaranteed in two ways:

A. If the goods are certified, approved by officials in the domain. If you believe that crap.
B. If you try out the product for a short amount of time to verify it's quality.

The first option only applies to the gullible and stupid. So the only viable option is option B.

Verifying a product's quality is generally pretty easy. For a car, you take it for a test drive. For a new type of fizzy drink you take a sample from one of the skinny ladies at the mall. For a chinese vase... you smash it against the wall, I dunno.

But for software it's not so easy. The only real way to test it is to have full access to it for a limited time (aka a trial). But since that's apparently unreasonable, the software companies can at least release demo's of their software. Well, 90% of companies don't even do that.

Basically what this means is that one side gets instant profit while the other gets a 50% probability of having been ripped off (percentage which will get bigger and bigger, make no mistake). Piracy is a way to combat that, restore balance. One can pirate the software and decide whether to buy it (in which case, everybody wins) or not, and continue to freeload (in which case, the company doesn't lose anything more than they would have if the client decided they won't buy the product).

That my friends (lolz) is the unscrupulous, evil, damnable piracy that you wish you could eradicate with the push of a button. Illegal? Maybe. Immoral? Not by a fucking long shot. Some people went as far as to call piracy "stealing". To that, the only thing that I can say is: lol how dumb is you?

Now, if I'm a dick... what does that make you...

By the way use capital E, otherwise it sounds racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back