Is it possible to reload XML resources while in-game?

I'm dorking about with some of the resources (e.g. player_creation_skin_colors.xtbl), and having to quit, reload, hit dx11, wait, hit escape, wait, Continue, fetch a vehicle, fly to the local BAD, and see what I've wrought is kind of a drag. Is it possible to force reloading of resources from within SR3, or is the loading and parsing strictly one-time-only?

All game files get get loaded on game start only, unfortunately. There is one single solitary exception to that rule, and that is the sr3_city.lua script that gets loaded when you load a save, so you can edit that particular file while the game is running. Everything else will require a full restart of the game.

All game files get get loaded on game start only, unfortunately. There is one single solitary exception to that rule, and that is the sr3_city.lua script that gets loaded when you load a save, so you can edit that particular file while the game is running. Everything else will require a full restart of the game.
Fooey, I was hoping that there were hidden XML serializer/deserializer functions from within lua. Ah well, thanks for the reply.

Back