If Saints Row 5... PULL A MARVEL

Saints Row 1? That's the only game that tries to be really serious.

The original Saints Row was always supposed to be a parody of the whole lifestyle according to Steve Jaros. The fact that people took it seriously is more a failure on the studio that we didn't communicate that clearly or correctly.

The original Saints Row was always supposed to be a parody of the whole lifestyle according to Steve Jaros. The fact that people took it seriously is more a failure on the studio that we didn't communicate that clearly or correctly.
Wow, I had no idea! I guess people perceived SR1 as a 'serious gangster game' because of the (semi) new San Andreas.

I never played SR1, unfortunately.
My first SR game was the Third, I noticed the pleasant graphic first (I would tell you why I find pleasant SR3 graphic), and then that the game wasn't serious, nor it was trying to look serious, and I enjoyed it. I just found a little bit irritating seeing the protagonist quite overpowered and never in serious trouble.

Wow, I had no idea! I guess people perceived SR1 as a 'serious gangster game' because of the (semi) new San Andreas.
Who would ever confuse Saints Row with Nice Guy Simulator?

I'm guessing there is a joke I'm missing here?
Twitch Streamer Ray Navaez Jr. titled every stream he did playing GTA San Andreas "Nice Guy Simulator" and "Nice Gut Gets On The Damn Train"

I'm sorry it ended up that way. But hey, least we got the message now; and hopefully for Saints Row 5 (if you are developing it) would be another golden medal on the Saints Row franchise. Grand Theft Auto 5 is coming in fast though, so you got to really WOW the masses. No rush however. Take your time. A good game takes great patience and thorough work.

Damn, you learn something new every day! I, too, thought both Saints Row and Saints Row 2 were meant to be taken somewhat seriously (with a few comical elements here and there.)

Back