SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

You don't see your room mates after college. "They care and protect each other" yeah... i don't find that particularly heart touching or impressive, just very weak... as a whole. Even less the fact that they were all trying to pay their studend loans lol Seriously? Fighting the system and society in order to be part of the system LOL. I don't know who came up with that, but it wasen't a great idea.

I just wish the characters had different attitudes, more meaningful with a touch of femenine hot characters like Shaundi or Kinzie. The current characters have very weak personalities "Kevin loves cooking, He's shirtless, and i don't know why lol" as one of the Devs said in one of those inteviews, and that immediately told me everything i needed to know about them, and it made me very suspicious of the future of the Title.

I find each and everyone of them weak, starting with Kevin as stated above, also the super nerdy and skinny dude that gives off Urkel vibes, the Mexican girl (whose name i keep forgetting) and can't stop talking about her family and how she had to drive that car from Guadalajara to Saint Illeso which by the way, i lived right in the centre of Guadalajara City in Mexico for 15 years, since i am half Mexican half Israeli, but that line just made me cringe every single time. Mexicans do care about family above everything, but WORK comes second to them to the point of getting out of school as soon as they are old enough to do so, legally or not. Mexicans aren't even half that emotional, if anything they are very suspicious and distant of anyone who isn't family or very close to them, You all should see the Mexican reviews of SRR... and oh boy, i won't mention it here, but they literally make fun of them in a very... how to put it without getting banned? well let's just say they called them a bunch of "not very Manly" gang. And the default boss, for me is the second worst of them, she has that weird look in her eyes like she/he is about to scream of impotence, just like when that orange dude won the Presidency of the US. The Male characters are weak and the only female character is just, plain. Not even sexy or at least charismatic.

They're all awful.
Exactly

Alright, I just finished the game, I still think it was fun, but ultimately short when it came to story. The writing wasn't as bad as everyone keeps saying, but it isn't good either. The glitches..... honestly, I've faced mostly small ones, the 2 big glitches I faced were the boss sitting on the ground instead of in a car, which only happened once, and a self caused glitch involving the aperture and the boxing gloves causing a CTD. The things people say about cars hitting random objects, or towing flinging them in weird ways I saw, but think thats more on the world then the vehicles. As for the people and population not doing anything in the world.... I'm not sure what the problem is, I see people talking, walking, setting off fireworks, walking with canes, dance, fight, and the game for me didn't feel empty unless I was in a mission. the real main issue I have with the game is that it still doesn't feel like a saints row game. I dont think It was "this way or that", I didn't feel like the game was pushing an agenda, but then again, when I play a game, I dont look for any of that kinda stuff. This game is a gang murder simulator, I got what I expected. I can beat people up with a duct tape sword that looks like a cactus and makes people pretend to be dead. I can drive a pirate ship/monster truck/ theme restaurant around a city. I can attach a wrecking ball to my car and bash 4 city blocks with it. To me, the game is fun because I dont get tied up in all the mess happening behind the scenes. I just play the game. To everyone who hates this game; I get it, you want something better, and to you, this was unacceptable, but I dont think that participating in a pointless typing war will fix anything, but It will get people to act irrational and behave poorly. The same goes for those that support the game, waring over this game is simply pointless. At the end, I believe we can all agree that no matter who is involved, we all should be better people, who simply wanted a better game.

Alright, I just finished the game, I still think it was fun, but ultimately short when it came to story. The writing wasn't as bad as everyone keeps saying, but it isn't good either. The glitches..... honestly, I've faced mostly small ones, the 2 big glitches I faced were the boss sitting on the ground instead of in a car, which only happened once, and a self caused glitch involving the aperture and the boxing gloves causing a CTD. The things people say about cars hitting random objects, or towing flinging them in weird ways I saw, but think thats more on the world then the vehicles. As for the people and population not doing anything in the world.... I'm not sure what the problem is, I see people talking, walking, setting off fireworks, walking with canes, dance, fight, and the game for me didn't feel empty unless I was in a mission. the real main issue I have with the game is that it still doesn't feel like a saints row game. I dont think It was "this way or that", I didn't feel like the game was pushing an agenda, but then again, when I play a game, I dont look for any of that kinda stuff. This game is a gang murder simulator, I got what I expected. I can beat people up with a duct tape sword that looks like a cactus and makes people pretend to be dead. I can drive a pirate ship/monster truck/ theme restaurant around a city. I can attach a wrecking ball to my car and bash 4 city blocks with it. To me, the game is fun because I dont get tied up in all the mess happening behind the scenes. I just play the game. To everyone who hates this game; I get it, you want something better, and to you, this was unacceptable, but I dont think that participating in a pointless typing war will fix anything, but It will get people to act irrational and behave poorly. The same goes for those that support the game, waring over this game is simply pointless. At the end, I believe we can all agree that no matter who is involved, we all should be better people, who simply wanted a better game.
i got to agree on that, i don't think the game is complete crap. Just Average at best. I got no issues with anyone having fun with the game, to each their own.

I want to play it just to create my hot blonde female boss, explore and search for some easter eggs here and there. But i am not touching it on Epic. So i will wait till it comes on Steam, hopefully with a huge discount.

Last edited:
Exactly, it's average.

But yeah, the characterization should've been worked on extensively. My gripe is the villains. I disliked Atticus Finch more than Sergio. Sergio's all, 'I will wreck your car, Neenah.' Um, OK? Dick move but before this point we literally had no idea that the Panteros had the creed of the car is an extension of their person, and we certainly didn't know about the whole 'car belonging to her mom' thing.

It feels shoe-horned in to give us a reason to hate the guy. I...kind of didn't? Honestly, I kinda liked him and Nauhalli. They felt tough and intimidating. Atticus was just your average jerk boss, not much of a threat. And let's talk about Marshall for a second.

They're a paramilitary group! Yet...there's nothing that tells us they're bad people (other than their apparent lack of life insurance and ethics policies toward their own people) In GTA V, it's made abundantly clear why their paramilitary group is 100% evil when they torture an innocent NPC and try to have Michael DeSanta's entire family killed. The Marshalls? Not...really? Are the Marshalls supposed to be bad? I mean, the opening quest had us help them nab a dangerous criminal.

A way to fix this is maybe have Atticus Finch have people hold one of our friends hostage, maybe even brutalize them. I mean, do SOMETHING to make him a clear threat beyond just being a jerk boss who doesn't care if a member of his own board gets killed.

They're a paramilitary group! Yet...there's nothing that tells us they're bad people (other than their apparent lack of life insurance and ethics policies toward their own people)
huh. when Volition said this story is maybe more grounded or something along those lines, well that is definitely grounded. but it really doesn't make for a very fun or engaging enemy from the sounds of it - beneath all the idiot clown costumes and laser weapons and hover bikes and stuff, the writing in this game sounds so damn mundane and that might be the problem. student loans are mundane. waffle makers are mundane. the main characters sound like stupid mundane assholes and that seems to extend to everyone and everything else in this game. there's not a hint of satire from what i've seen, it's just boring depressing real life in a flashy srtt paintjob.

there is something interesting to be said about how this series has handled the concept of... idk the mundanity of contemporary life i guess, across the several iterations it has had. i like to think of the Stilwater era as an era of ridiculous mundanity - all the weird shit you get to do is weaved as an organic part of the world, rather than treating the world as a static backdrop like a movie set à la srtt. that is just how Playa/Boss' world functions, it's fucked up and not really like our own, but its strong internal consistency makes it feel real, as subjective as that is to say. this is a big reason for why Stilwater is so fun and interesting to me. i think someone definitely tried to take some lessons from the original games and what made them so good here (and where the Steelport games failed in the eyes of people like me) but i don't think those were quite the right lessons. i guess i'll have a more comprehensive opinion on it once i actually play the game though.

also maybe something about how sriv took the whole power fantasy aspect to such a stupid level that the whole game just felt really condescending towards the player and this might be going for the other extreme, because this series can only function in extremes anymore. i dunno.

huh. when Volition said this story is maybe more grounded or something along those lines, well that is definitely grounded. but it really doesn't make for a very fun or engaging enemy from the sounds of it - beneath all the idiot clown costumes and laser weapons and hover bikes and stuff, the writing in this game sounds so damn mundane and that might be the problem. student loans are mundane. waffle makers are mundane. the main characters sound like stupid mundane assholes and that seems to extend to everyone and everything else in this game. there's not a hint of satire from what i've seen, it's just boring depressing real life in a flashy srtt paintjob.

there is something interesting to be said about how this series has handled the concept of... idk the mundanity of contemporary life i guess, across the several iterations it has had. i like to think of the Stilwater era as an era of ridiculous mundanity - all the weird shit you get to do is weaved as an organic part of the world, rather than treating the world as a static backdrop like a movie set à la srtt. that is just how Playa/Boss' world functions, it's fucked up and not really like our own, but its strong internal consistency makes it feel real, as subjective as that is to say. this is a big reason for why Stilwater is so fun and interesting to me. i think someone definitely tried to take some lessons from the original games and what made them so good here (and where the Steelport games failed in the eyes of people like me) but i don't think those were quite the right lessons. i guess i'll have a more comprehensive opinion on it once i actually play the game though.

also maybe something about how sriv took the whole power fantasy aspect to such a stupid level that the whole game just felt really condescending towards the player and this might be going for the other extreme, because this series can only function in extremes anymore. i dunno.
Exactly. Hell, even GTA understands how to mix the mundane with the wacky weirdness. Granted the whole franchise is basically American Stereotypes: The Game Series but there were enough randomness and activities to make the cities feel real and enjoyable, even in the darkest plot lines like in GTA V.

The thing is, paramilitary groups do exist. And in GTA V, they pose a very real threat to your characters — they even almost kill Michael DeSanta’s whole family because he pissed off the wrong people. There isn’t a credible threat with the Marshalls or Atticus Finch. If anything, they’re a threat to themselves than the city. At no point do we see them attempt to lock the whole city down, or oppress anyone. At no point does Finch order a hit on our friends. Hell, even a segment where they, I dunno, brainwash Eli into serving them would’ve been enough because holy shit these people can actually do some damage.

Sure, the Idols kidnap Kevin and threaten to blow up a monument, but what are the Collectives. How long have they known Kevin? What do they think killing him will accomplish? That scene where Kevin wrestles between us and the Idols could’ve fit better in the end after a whole arc where Kevin teeters with his loyalty between his former gang and friends. He could even relapse and join the Idols for a bit to show how difficult it is to throw down your flag and abandon your former crew. And his arc is about him realizing the hypocrisy of the Idols that culminates in a big decision where he has to either shoot either Eli or Neenah or die.

Sergio? I covered him already but basically: how is he a threat? Oh, he smashed up Neenah’s car. OK, wow, what a monster. Neenah even says it herself that she can just rebuild the damn thing given time and money so even the threat of ‘I’ll never see my mom’s car again’ is gone. Now if we had known how important her car was to her from the get-go (ala flashbacks, Neenah has fond memories of her time with her family on car trips), and we grew to understand the whole ‘car=me’ thing, and then Sergio either blows it up or drives it into a lake, that would’ve been more of a gut-punch. I literally played the whole mission like, ‘Neenah, we can literally just grab another car of that model, what are you complaining about? And you just told me you can rebuild your mom’s car. We still have the pieces.’

THERE WAS POTENTIAL HERE! A story about loyalty, brotherhood, companionship, and wrestling with your inner demons.

….I’m honestly psyching myself up for a game that doesn’t exist. 😑 Well, y’know what they say: If there’s a story you want to read, but it doesn’t exist, you must write it.

Last edited:
THERE WAS POTENTIAL HERE! A story about loyalty, brotherhood, companionship, and wrestling with your inner demons.

….I’m honestly psyching myself up for a game that doesn’t exist. 😑 Well, y’know what they say: If there’s a story you want to read, but it doesn’t exist, you must write it.
ey big mood. i'm such a nostalgic that i still long for what Saints Row Undercover (or the original Saints Row 3) was supposed to deliver to the point i've been working on a project based on it for years now. this is one of those series that breaks people's brains in all kinda interesting ways with its immense potential, wasted or otherwise.

Weird... i just got a bunch of Saints Row related videos in my YouTube feed, all similarly Titled to "Volition attacks their fans" or "Volition shits on older fans". I am unaware if there has been a flame war between fans and Volition, since i don't use Twitter, Instagram or Tiktok. I need to watch a few of them to see what the whole fuss is all about.

Weird... i just got a bunch of Saints Row related videos in my YouTube feed, all similarly Titled to "Volition attacks their fans" or "Volition shits on older fans". I am unaware if there has been a flame war between fans and Volition, since i don't use Twitter, Instagram or Tiktok. I need to watch a few of them to see what the whole fuss is all about.
This tweet from Alex Rowland (@AeroGD) trying to paint as haters anyone criticizing the game for it's obvious flaws.

Back