SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

I mean, it’s a fun game — just doesn’t feel like Saints Row. Honestly, it’d have been better if it were its own IP following the spirit of the Saints Row franchise.

Personally, if I were writing this and wanted it to feel like Saints Row, I would’ve made it a hardcore wacky gangster game where Neenah forms the Saints to take down the Panteros, and her allies is the police chief and FBI agent who both look strikingly similar to Johnny Gat and Kenzie respectively, and we play as the psycho hobo she appoints as her second in command.

Does this game have potential? Yes. Could it still reach it? Yes. Could the plot have been better executed to avoid all this? Yes.
The games didnt have potential...what about one day patch.. nope peds are dead and even they fix it i'm afraid it will end up like cyberpunk 2077.. hey at least that games getting better right now

I'm so glad you can't grasp underlying tones
Well i'm grown up got a job 😉 i dont think if i wrote the replied for that long sentence for you.. will reach into your head

ok i am not defending pxthighnoobs21 or anything because all that shit sounds horrible and uncalled for and i apologize this is so completely beside the point but man. Campbell has been railing against Volition for a long time, i just realized it's the same guy who duked it out with freakin Chris Stockman in the comments of another video (a Stockman interview even). so the comment is indeed probably real for what it's worth - he just thinks the company has always sucked and specifically during sr1-sr2 times from what i've seen. but he hasn't actually worked at V for a very long time. like i think it's important to listen to employee complaints and in my eyes the management at Volition had and still have some absolutely bizarre priorities, but i dunno if i'd consider Campbell a very reputable insider opinion on the company anymore at this point (also throwing unnecessary personal attacks against Stockman in the past doesn't exactly shine a very good light on him for me either).

The games didnt have potential...what about one day patch.. nope peds are dead and even they fix it i'm afraid it will end up like cyberpunk 2077.. hey at least that games getting better right now
Well, maybe it will get better over time? You said it yourself. No Man’s Sky and Cyberpunk 2077 bombed HARD on release, but through patches and fixes, they’re improving. Mainly ensuring the games are stable enough to be playable, etc. If I recall, neither company re-wrote the whole plot, etc.

I’m pretty sure Volition will want to fix up the glitches so the game is stabilized. Hell, even Bethesda halfway understands this and they’re infamous with their glitches.

Well, maybe it will get better over time? You said it yourself. No Man’s Sky and Cyberpunk 2077 bombed HARD on release, but through patches and fixes, they’re improving. Mainly ensuring the games are stable enough to be playable, etc. If I recall, neither company re-wrote the whole plot, etc.

I’m pretty sure Volition will want to fix up the glitches so the game is stabilized. Hell, even Bethesda halfway understands this and they’re infamous with their glitches.
There's no doubt in my mind that they will patch the bugs away, but I'd say the bugs are just icing on the cake. The real problem to me is the shallow gameplay, dumb humor and insufferable college Saints.

I'm also worried about the modding community. Agents of Mayhem was a flop and was essentially left in the water. What if this flops too? I've always loved SR for its mods. It adds loads of replayability.

To protect themselves and Volition... Well there's no way to know if this was actually their intention from the start. But seeing how the game bombed, I'm just glad they took EPIC's deal. If they hadn't took the deal, V would be living on borrowed time right now.

Totally didn't think of that. Yeah I'm glad now that we're in this situation where they did release on there for the sake of the money to hopefully keep themselves going!

After seeing Cyberpunk comparisons again too (I played 100+ hours from release on PC when things were at their worst point) : that could be a good game for these devs to look at when it comes to how they dealt with one of the biggest hordes off pissed of fans ever and also sorting through tons of bugs over the course of the last couple of years, along with making changes to cop AI, skills/perks, adding apartments, changing how cars handled, etc. And also just trying to work past so many people that had totally written the game off as a complete failure and mess.

Maybe the way forward here could be best made by trying to make some balance between what they originally wanted to do if the game had gone completely fine and what a lot of the older unhappy fans are saying the game is lacking. Obviously there's tons of animosity from some of the original fans of the game and some will never accept that it's changed, but if Volition could put aside as much of that as possible and try to look at what so many older fans are missing from story, characters and general feel of the game maybe they can make a sequel to this reboot (and maybe some improvements/changes to this game) that work way better for everyone.

There's never going to be the resources and workers available here like there is at a place like CDPR, at the same time though Cyberpunk is a bigger and more complex game that really pushed older consoles to the limit and needed a lot more work doing to it. They seem to have listened to the fans to some extent though, worked hard and stuck at the game (loads done before any expansion has even been released.)

If that can be done here to some extent and the people that are generally ok with the game and those that are older fans that aren't can both be made happier at the way the game is patched/improved then it could offer a good way forward for any future content still being worked on and any potential sequel.

I definitely think it could be best to accept that yes, there's a big difference in outlook and intentions now for Saints Row between many older fans and the current devs, but that doesn't have to stay as some major divide. It can be worked on and Saints Row can be a lot better off in the future if that happens.

After seeing how bad Megafreeman dissing sr1,2 well he got what deserved he luring me to get angry.. but now?? He got karma and deserve that... Seriously this war are pointless its okay we dont like your reboot and giving bad reviews about it this is the freedom of giving speech or opinion no one should forbidd someone to give your though... You dont like sr1,2 its okay . But dont mad when we doing the same things like hating your reboot... We are in the sameboat but in different situation.. we should working together and let Volition woke up SRR are more worst than SRTT,IV same worst like AoM and take the criticism...

They want you to fight the old fanbase ye thats the reason they dare to support that doxxed what they doing with chiko and shitty takes follower just laugh at it and assume chiko was SRC and accuse him making mods with mass shooter... And this is volition you know ?? Nope many of good older staff got replaced by this new staff and steph was the example and want this war for too long

I’m pretty sure Volition will want to fix up the glitches so the game is stabilized. Hell, even Bethesda halfway understands this and they’re infamous with their glitches
Its not about glitches we talk about... The heart of the community they kill with that SRR and the whole of it.. nothing can fix it

I will, however, say that it’s weird how I can’t rob anyone in gameplay. I go into the Buckaroo store, pointed a gun at the shopkeeper and she — I shit you not — just goes ‘huh?’ And just stands there. While I have a gun at her face. Not even a flinch. I leave, return, pull out a rocket launcher and she…doesn’t even seem aware of it. Just for grins, I booted up Saints Row the Third and held up a tattoo parlor. Sure enough, guy held his hands up as expected.

I mean, this is supposed to be a open-world crime sandbox right? And being able to rob stories is a thing you can do in games like this right?

Back