SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

*sigh* Sorry guys, but your rhetoric is still flawed. Even if nothing is forced on the player, the game world is still gonna feel bonkers with those Marshall guys running around with laser rifles and hover bikes, since everyone else in the game seems to be living in the 21st century.
Unless you don't consider those things to be over the top... In which case you're wrong, since they are visualy and thematically clashing with the rest of the game.
Low level grunts of Marshall that spawn in the street don't use either laser weapons or hover bikes, only the grunts at higher notoriety

Also story too, they trying raise money for waffle maker? One of the new gang lieutenants wants to drive a hybrid car because of the environmental pollution, the other one is a painter and the last one is a cooking chief wannabe ,twitter guy? Sh........t homie , those guys calling this game HipstersRow wasnt wrong even a bit. I mean they even put an app in the game called "haters gonna rate" and when you rate ""enemy" restorants with 1 star those so called "gangs" start attacking you. Tf right? But no thats not even finished yet, that mtf Eli wont even use guns. We only saw 30 mins videos top about the story and all the things i saw was cginge af 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I agree with the whole influencer concept. I've criticized Kevin and the idols in the past because the concept of being an influencer and a criminal at the same time doesn't make sense. To reiterate what I said a while ago : "Because at the end of the day being a fucking social media influencer is as far detached from Saints Row as being the fucking president."
That restaurant review thing seems interesting, I didn't know it would send gangs after you. It seems like this is the new equivalent of tagging... And that makes me sad, it makes me feel old by reminding me that smartphones and the toxic culture that developed around them since the early 2010s, now seems intrinsically linked to our contemporary works of fiction. But even without taking my opinion into account, this is a poor replacement. The intro cutscene of SR1 did an amazing job explaining to you why you would get attacked if you dared to tag over someone else's tag, now the fact that gangs would come attack you because you leave a bad review seems off, why tf would they care? Even if they have a stake in the business, why would they go to all the trouble of finding you, and beating you or killing you in public. There are way more effective ways of removing bad reviews.
The hybrid car thing is also a good one. Most criminals are inherently selfish. Why tf would a gang member who robs and kills would choose to limit himself in his choice of vehicle? Why would he care about the future of humanity when he doesn't even care about fellow human beings? Even if this is just a single inconsequential line of dialogue, it once again shows the main problem with the writing in this game : Volition wanted to give these characters a very specific more "modern" personality, and then they remembered that this was a Saints Row game and that they also needed these characters to be criminals, logic be dammed.
About Eli, I actually like the fact that he doesn't use guns, since he shot one of his friends by accident, which has a pretty high chance of happening if you don't get proper gun training.

And STAG with their nearly sci-fi tech was just fine in Saints Row the Third? I mean, one of the missions literally had us accidentally create a zombie island in the middle of the city. And the alternate ending for the game (when you let Shaundi and the others die) has us literally fight the army and Cyrus onboard the Daedelus which is what I can only describe is something out of a sci-fi movie. Does anyone in our 21st-century world have this?

And there's a mission called Deckers.Die where Kenzie literally has you plugged into a virtual reality machine? All that was just peachy in a 21st-century industrialized city?

I'm not angry, or trying to start a fight. I'm just wondering if you maybe forgot a few things in Saints Row The Third. And we're not even talking about Saints Row IV, where Kenzie can somehow learn a literal alien language of which has no Earth-bound roots (ala, Latin for the Romantic languages) and fly an alien warship presumably seconds after she (somehow) escaped on her own despite everyone else clearly needing backup from a third-party?

I'm just saying, Saints Row threw logic and realism out the window a long time ago for both the OG series and presumably this reboot as well.
I guess I should have reiterated that I hate these aspects : "One of my favorite moments in SR3 was when STAG finally gtfoed from the game because they looked so out of place next to the other factions."
And just for good measure; I also hate SR4 as whole, not just thematically and visually, but mechanically too, but that's another story...

The difference between this game and SR3 is that in SR3 these aspects were temporary, after the final mission there weren't a single laser rifle or spaceship in sight unless YOU were using them, similarly you were the only one able to use the virtual weapons outside of the virtual world, which was tied to a single mission. (You might have a point with the zombies, although I would argue that zombie fiction is very different from typical science fiction, mainly because zombies don't clash with typical modern day settings.)
The Marshalls are more or less always going to be present since they are one of the gangs.

I don't wanna fight either, believe it or not. I just love this series.

I never said anything about what the NPCs had, I only mentioned what the PLAYER can wield. There's definitely still over-the-top gear in the game which I basically insinuated in my previous post, but for the most part you can have your own build for the majority of the game. So my point still stands .🤷‍♂️
❤️
But the problem is still the same, isn't it? The fact all of the over the top customization options are optionals is good, but it doesn't mean much when these over the top elements are still going to be pushed down the player's throat through the world interactions.

Low level grunts of Marshall that spawn in the street don't use either laser weapons or hover bikes, only the grunts at higher notoriety
That's good to know, but even then, it's the whole design of this faction I have a problem with.

Last edited:
That restaurant review thing seems interesting, I didn't know it would send gangs after you. It seems like this is the new equivalent of tagging... And that makes me sad, it makes me feel old by reminding me that smartphones and the toxic culture that developed around them since the early 2010s, now seems intrinsically linked to our contemporary works of fiction. But even without taking my opinion into account, this is a poor replacement. The intro cutscene of SR1 did an amazing job explaining to you why you would get attacked if you dared to tag over someone else's tag, now the fact that gangs would come attack you because you leave a bad review seems off, why tf would they care? Even if they have a stake in the business, why would they go to all the trouble of finding you, and beating you or killing you in public. There are way more effective ways of removing bad reviews.
Tagging is just street art, street art is just a way of expressing one's opinions and views in a public environment...
Social media is just a modernised version of that.

Why would a modernised game set in modern times use outdated forms of communication? It just wouldn't make sense.

I'm not saying tagging doesn't exist anymore, but if you think about it... Where are you expressing your opinions and views on this game right now? On this site, not on the wall of a building.

The hybrid car thing is also a good one. Most criminals are inherently selfish. Why tf would a gang member who robs and kills would choose to limit himself in his choice of vehicle? Why would he care about the future of humanity when he doesn't even care about fellow human beings? Even if this is just a single inconsequential line of dialogue, it once again shows the main problem with the writing in this game : Volition wanted to give these characters a very specific more "modern" personality, and then they remembered that this was a Saints Row game and that they also needed these characters to be criminals, logic be dammed.
Poison Ivy... That's all I'm gonna say.

The only thing about this game are good are car customization they put alot effort for that customization and sadly.. they remove some freedom customization they promised back then in the premiere stream for the character customization

I agree with the whole influencer concept. I've criticized Kevin and the idols in the past because the concept of being an influencer and a criminal at the same time doesn't make sense. To reiterate what I said a while ago : "Because at the end of the day being a fucking social media influencer is as far detached from Saints Row as being the fucking president."
Uhh, what about all the rappers that were in the gang before becoming famous? Snoop Dogg was literally in the crips and then he became famous and made a cooking show with Martha Stewart
The difference between this game and SR3 is that in SR3 these aspects were temporary, after the final mission there weren't a single laser rifle or spaceship in sight unless YOU were using them, similarly you were the only one able to use the virtual weapons outside of the virtual world, which was tied to a single mission. (You might have a point with the zombies, although I would argue that zombie fiction is very different from typical science fiction, mainly because zombies don't clash with typical modern day settings.)
The Marshalls are more or less always going to be present since they are one of the gangs.
Idk what you mean by this, the objective of the game is to take out the Marshall, the game ends with them being gone.
But the problem is still the same, isn't it? The fact all of the over the top customization options are optionals is good, but it doesn't mean much when these over the top elements are still going to be pushed down the player's throat through the world interactions.
Which doesn't really change much when the gangs don't use their over the top gadgets until you engage in combat with them. Nobody's really forcing you to engage with them, the world is pretty realistic until all shit breaks loose.

No more patterns or logos for clothes,no more hat wear options like in the sr2, no more tucked untucked options, lowering pants, having dirty or clean versions, no more gender or race selection, wrists and rings are not combinable, no more pendants, less clothing items for the demo at least, they dont have sliders for many options and you had to choose between presets, layered clothing is fk up like when you choose you tie color and wear another cloth on it ll turn back to orginal color so you have to gave up on the colors you choose for layered clothin. I dont remember anything else , these are the things i remember for now.
Well you aren't going to buy it so you don't have to worry. 😄

Ofc i wont , i dont like the companies who treats their old fans like trash and give empty promises. Enjoy your "best customization ever " game man.
Yeah, I'm an old fan and I've definitely have not felt like I've been treated like trash. Considering all the awful things you've said and videos you've made, I'm surprised anybody would give you the time of day.

Don't expect people to coddle you and hold your hand to make you feel better when you treat them like crap.

(I will definitely be enjoying my SAINTS ROW game btw)

💜💜💜💜💜

I began my journey with SR2, then backtracked to SR1, then SRTT, and so on...

But I've never seen such a wholesome scene in any of the prior games.

And we all know which scene I mean... The "Waffle Maker" Cutscene.

I actually felt the connection between them. They've known each other for a while and have clearly built up a special bond between them.

It's made even more clear that they're all close, when they choose their friendship over their jobs/gangs.

The missions I've seen so far give off a TV Series/Sitcom vibe... And I'm all here for it.

And it's been a while since Saints Row has given random NPCs actual voice lines in cutscenes and not just had them appear in the background for atmosphere.

I'm loving everything I'm seeing so far, and hope the next 5 weeks pass by faster than a Fer De Lance with nitrous.

Last edited:
Back