How do you feel about Saints Row DLC?

What are you feelings regarding Saints Row DLC for SRTT and SRIV?

• I love it and can't wait to buy more!

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • I like it and buy some of it that interests me

Votes: 76 23.6%
  • I like the mission packs, but not the item ones (clothing, weapons)

Votes: 80 24.8%
  • I like the items dlc packs, but not the mission ones

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • I like the dlc, but it costs more than it's worth

Votes: 97 30.1%
  • I dislike most of the dlc that's been released so far

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I hate Volition's DLC practices!

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I want an expansion to the base game that adds additional features

Votes: 173 53.7%

• Total voters
Horrible DLCs most of the time that cost way too much for what they give, I want content to play the game, not clothes to play dressup. The game doesn't have anything to do besides repeating the story over and over, and giving me more clothes to enjoy the "nothing to do besides repeating the story over and over" doesn't cut it. Maybe some people think it's great, but I'm not getting fooled here.
Whenever a new substantial mod comes out (like shitface's spawn & behaviour thing) it alleviates the lack of anything to do a liiittle bit for a while (maybe an hour or two), but when the ignorance cloud drifts away and I quickly realize again that there's nothing to do in the game and I get bored and go play something else. That's how it's been since SRTT, and it has not changed one little bit in this one.

Love letter to the fans? It's the same as SRTT, albeit with a little more thought in the story but even less content.

EDIT: Oh, and releasing clothing stuff in the DLC and not making every part that makes the outfit purchasable and tintable on its own completely defeats the purpose of even considering playing dress-up instead of playing the actual game (or lack thereof). Thanks Volition.

Last edited:
And they tried to sell cheats.
Still better idea than Unlockable Pack DLC - true masterpiece of all shitty DLCs. Because who wouldn't like to ruin his/her game for 1,50 euro? Well, let's imagine that:
THQ President said:
Oh, crap! We don't have any money! What we should do...? Let's think. We already released all re-textured vehicles and useless costumes and there is no more space in the game for adding new. So... no, we already released Bloodsucker Pack. Hm... maybe we'll release DLC that unlocks all items from gameplay choises? YES, that's genius idea! I'm 100% sure that EVERYONE will buy it!
Volition Employee said:
But sir... we tried everything we can and we just can't find a way to make these items unlock after completing the game. That means everything will unlock at the new game. It will ruin whole gameplay!
THQ President said:
O, shut up! WE NEED MONEY. And I'm sure that everyone already completed the game, so who gives a shit. Let's release it for... 4 euro?
THQ Employee said:
Nah, nobody won't buy it then. I'd suggest 1,50 euro.
THQ President said:
Alright then. Let's sell that shit! And get some money! :D
A few months later: THE END OF THQ.

Last edited:
I believe it wouldn't be nearly as complex to create expansion packs as it would seem. For instance, something I would like would go like this:

Race Pack: 4 new cars, two outfits, various racing events through out the city, and new more in depth mechanics for tuning cars which applies to all cars. Drop a 400 hp V8 into a EMU.....yes please. The car tuning could be simply the matter of switching car profiles from car to car. An EMU with the speed of a BLADE, so on and so forth. Lower the weight of a Bootlegger, or make it a two door (Bootlegger XL without the XL please.) The values are already in the game, you just need to allow the player to toggle them to a greater degree.

BOOM, you just added endless hours of gameplay for less work then was put into EtD.

Pleasantville Reloaded: Add a teleport in the ship that allows the player to return to Pleasantville and add various activities. Pleasantville is already fleshed out it just needs somethings to do when your there. Add some new 50's outfits, and cars, and boom, it's shake and bake.

Basically that's the idea. Give players what they obviously want. Replay ability and more shit to do. So much content is wasted.....use it.

I'd love to see a DLC that allows you to toggle between virtual Steelport and "real" Steelport. Make it another option in the override computer. Toggling to real Steelport turns off all the alien propaganda and restores all the various landmarks such as Saints HQ and Safeword. It would also turn off the awful glitching effect on the sides of buildings. The assets already exist in SR3, so it'd just be a matter of porting it over.

Be honest. We can take it. I am even going to suspend rule #1 in this thread, so let it fly. In addition to voting in the poll, please feel free to leave specific comments in this thread regarding your feelings about how Volition has handled DLC for all the Saints Row games. This is your chance to make your voice heard.

NOTE: You can select multiple responses

I'll just say that on the first page that I echo and fully endorse the statements by
shitface,
tonicmole,
mrGarry2u
corrodias

Not in any particular order.

i think DLC should be really useful and something that really costs what it costs something cool and useful not just some suit if they want to make suits make something cool like a armor that you can press "R" to use a mounted machine gun or whatevar the same thing for weps

As much as I enjoy the clothing and customization of the series, I have to throw my hat in the corner of "Disappointed with most of the DLC, and wish more of it were playable.". Now, I'm not saying stop making clothes and stuff and just spew out nothing but gameplay (No seriously, I'm still waiting for wearable cat ears, you know, like the ones from SR2.), just that you should tie in larger packs of such things with actual playable content, and make sure it all carries back over to the base game. What's the point of making the perfect sexy gangster catgirl and getting all sorts of crazy guns and shit if I can't bring it all to free-roam after the mini-story arcs are said and done?

I've actually not bothered buying SRIV yet just because of the pattern that came with SRTT. Why would I spend way more money now, when I can just wait like a year and a half and get the game and all the nickle and dime DLC for the price of what most people paid for just the base game on release?

Seriously, make wearable cat ears again dammit Volition, I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM!

I believe it wouldn't be nearly as complex to create expansion packs as it would seem. For instance, something I would like would go like this:

Race Pack: 4 new cars, two outfits, various racing events through out the city, and new more in depth mechanics for tuning cars which applies to all cars. Drop a 400 hp V8 into a EMU.....yes please. The car tuning could be simply the matter of switching car profiles from car to car. An EMU with the speed of a BLADE, so on and so forth. Lower the weight of a Bootlegger, or make it a two door (Bootlegger XL without the XL please.) The values are already in the game, you just need to allow the player to toggle them to a greater degree.

BOOM, you just added endless hours of gameplay for less work then was put into EtD.

Pleasantville Reloaded: Add a teleport in the ship that allows the player to return to Pleasantville and add various activities. Pleasantville is already fleshed out it just needs somethings to do when your there. Add some new 50's outfits, and cars, and boom, it's shake and bake.

Basically that's the idea. Give players what they obviously want. Replay ability and more shit to do. So much content is wasted.....use it.
I'd love to see a DLC that allows you to toggle between virtual Steelport and "real" Steelport. Make it another option in the override computer. Toggling to real Steelport turns off all the alien propaganda and restores all the various landmarks such as Saints HQ and Safeword. It would also turn off the awful glitching effect on the sides of buildings. The assets already exist in SR3, so it'd just be a matter of porting it over.
These ideas are GREAT. :D
BTW, I could pay 5 euro for Boats DLC (and I don't mean "boat" from Pirate Booty DLC :p).

I am very much of the 'more gameplay' school when it comes to this. I like new outfits but most of the ones I've purchased are full outfits that are not broken into individual costume pieces and therefore limit creativity.

I really like the superhero outfits and I'm currently playing the game through again with one on, which honestly DOES do something to make the game feel different, but let's run down the DLC list and see which ones I bought:

Volition Comics Pack
Commander-in-Chief*
Dubstep Gun Remix
Wild West
GAT V*
Super Saints

and the Season Pass. The ones marked with an asterisk I received for free. So looking at that, discounting EtD, of all currently available DLC I purchased 5 out of the 12 available. Two of those packs hit on my deep and abiding interest in comic book superheroes, and one of them is a discounted purchase of two mission expansions.

Honestly I don't particularly see myself purchasing many more outfit packs. New cars might be nice, and honestly that's the biggest draw of the Pirate's Booty pack I see is the boat-car. I still am not exactly set aflame by it, and none of the other packs honestly make me want to pay for them. President bobbleheads? Redneck outfits? Really? If it was free content, maybe I might put them on for a giggle or two.

What I'd really like to see here on out would be more game content. The endgame of SRIV is sorely lacking, and essentially consists of picking fights with ZPD to get Zin attention and gathering collectibles. SRTT at LEAST had gang defense phone calls and the occasional other random event. At this point essentially I'm just playing a waiting game for the full SDK to see what's possible with it/what other people can come up with and vaguely hoping in the meantime that Saints Save Xmas might be fun.

At least something like mission replay would be nice to try to give a little more to do after the game's finished.

Back