Help me give the player items in LUA?

Hello. I don't post much here but I'd like to ask for some assistance with making a simple mod (but apparently not simple enough to where I can pull it off huh?). I have a fair amount of knowledge with LUA scripting and have modded Saint's Row 2 before. I've looked through the liquor_store.lua script to try and figure it out myself but I could not. My goal is to make it so the player always has booze in his/her inventory. I imagine I'd be doing this in sr2_city.lua, but I don't know what functions are used (or how to use them) for giving the player drug items. I'd like to do it myself rather than downloading someone else's mod for this as I think it'd be nice to learn how it works. So... any ideas/help?

The reason for this by the way is because normally you can only buy 4 at a time, and buying more seems to reset the player's drunk status (and I know you can go further than just drinking the 4 since I've seen it in Crowd Control when the NPCs drop a bunch). Oh also while we're on the subject... anyone know a patch/fix for the camera when I'm driving drunk? It seems to glitch up on PC.

Thanks in advance!

Back