GTA V map leaked? (Spoilers + Big Images)

Scam. It's slightly bigger than GTA San Andreas' map.

I can think of a few other maps that are bigger though. Namely Paradise City from Burnout Paradise (though that doesn't really matter since you blaze through it at 400 km/h), San Francisco from Driver San Francisco, Hawaii and Ibiza from Test Drive Unlimited 2, the islands from Far Cry 3 (whatever they are called), Cyrodiil and the Realm of Madness from TES IV: Oblivion... hell, Minecraft.

Typical typical Rockstar.

Last edited:
If you look to the right of the graphic, there are even bigger maps then JC2 (400 sq. miles). According to wiki, Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall was bigger then the size of Great Britain (60,000 square miles+(!) including dungeons), with 750,000+ NPCs. I never played it, but man, hopefully there was instant travel in that game, lol.

But Gondar is right; any game can have a insanely huge map but it would be pointless if the content within the map is lacking.

I don't think that really counts, the terrain was randomly generated.

JC2 illustrates to me why a map that is large for the sake of being large, accomplished by repetition, isn't nearly as interesting as a smaller one with unique things in it.

I think it needs to be large if you're going to make a lot of use of planes, JC2 and SA did have a lot of flying in them, it looks like GTA5 will have too.

JC2 illustrates to me why a map that is large for the sake of being large, accomplished by repetition, isn't nearly as interesting as a smaller one with unique things in it.

As if Liberty City was any different. I agree though, a smaller world with stuff to see and do is better. But I doubt that's the case with Los Santos and it's surroundings.

Looks like the GTAF degenerates aren't entirely useless:

http://imgur.com/a/LjrtF

Take-Two lawsuit in 3... 2... 1...

EDIT: Aaaand... it's down.

EDIT 2: Get it while it's hot:

Even SR2 looks better:

Also it appears strippers are topless now. Way to appeal to 13 year olds Rockstar.

Last edited:
Back