Grand Theft Auto V PC

What do you think about GTA V and will you get it when it comes out ?

• I think it's cool and i will buy it

• I think it sucks but i will still buy it

• I think it's cool but i won't buy it

• I think it sucks and i won't buy it

• I don't like GTA Games

• I don't like Open World Sandbox Games

• I don't like games

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atleast they are not charging for it...All of their outfit and costume updates for GTA Online are free whereas Volition charges for everything. .

GTA Online is an MMO with Cash Card to sell. We've purchased the disc, they're selling In-Game Cash, and if we still have to pay for the f*cking update to expand their MMO, they can go f*ck themselves. Compare GTA Online to another MMORPG on PC. Those games update their assets regularly to keep the players occupied. They don't even ask you to buy their disc in order to play it. Not only MMO, free content updates also be done by F2P mobile games who sells in-game money.

There's no need to give extra credit on something they are supposed to do with that type of game. Say thanks only when they give you DLC as big as TLAD and TBOGT for free. Besides, they have the potential to get more income by selling limited-consumable-item feature (Money) than a one-time-purchase-consumable-item (DLC).

Regarding to SR DLC, I must agree they're fucking nuts. Although I buy bundle pack for both SR3 and SR4, I still check out the prices of each and they're sick. Hell, I don't even use those DLC costumes and cars from SR4 DLC, tbh. When there's SRV, I don't think I would buy the DLC unless I know it's worth the price.

This is our gaming era. Fanboyism attitude everywhere and are supporting their idolized companies blindly - actively and passively.. I have another favorite company and it's a pain to see them resorting to dlc-fest, re-releasist, and a fanservice developer..

Still, there are good things in Volition and Rockstar which can be taken as example to follow by one another. I don't want Rockstar be Volition and vice-versa. But if that's really happening, then I hope I can get off gaming from my hobby list. :p

Isn't buying In-Game cash for GTA Online optional?

Lots of MMOs charge you using an Item Shop. Do you have to use it? No. But it's there for players with money to spend.

Also I don't think it's fair to say GTA V online is an MMO lol. Doesn't the first M for MMO stand for massive? GTA Online is what, maybe 16 players max? Even if it's a bit higher, that is far from massive.

I don't like games :T
I loved the glitching on PS3. I probably still have my Hotknife...

Also I don't think it's fair to say GTA V online is an MMO lol. Doesn't the first M for MMO stand for massive? GTA Online is what, maybe 16 players max? Even if it's a bit higher, that is far from massive.

Well, what's the minimum number of 'Massive' then?

With that size of map, 16 players on PS3/360 and 32 players on PS4/X1/PC, not to forget the many servers running at once so you can always find another Free Mode - also the ability of Matchmaking when running missions and other stuff like Deathmatch so you can meet players from different Free Mode lobbies and play together with one press of button.

That's pretty much MMO - in a hipster way. Not divided by countries, regional server, and other typical 'massive' MMO server usually have.

Isn't buying In-Game cash for GTA Online optional?

Lots of MMOs charge you using an Item Shop. Do you have to use it? No. But it's there for players with money to spend.

Yes. Optional. But you can feel how much the Cash Card affect the overall game balance.

As a fact, GTA Online balances have been changing over time and keep getting ridiculous. From nerfing the-already-ridiculous payout until editing the mission that players are liking into broken difficulty. Sure you can talk about skill about shooting accuracy and strategy, but what's your 'skill' to overcome things like enemies hiding and blindshoot the tip of your head from 50 metres away despite of the messy obstacles in-between and eventually take all your armor and 50% of your health when you realized you're being hit? ; Or, how would you overcome an enemy that's popping up behind you after you killed one of them?; Or, do you have proper strategy in taking care of 'difficulty' such as blowing enemy NPC's jet and when it's burning and falling down, it suddenly spawn a missile automatically at your direction and instantly kill you?

Can't Battlefield hold more players, and it's still not an MMO lol.

Well. Look at what MMO offer. Open-world game where people can do whatever they want in there. Whether chit chat, jerking off, accept quests, customize character, upgrade weapon or do PvP battle.

Battlefield is totally not designed as MMO. Battlefield is like Counter Strike and GTAIV Multiplayer, where you find a lobby, wait for everyone to be ready, and then enter the match. It's not offering what GTAOnline or other MMORPG does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back