Goodbye Volition

To me, Volition was, for the past several years, one of the last AAA (or former AAA) developer that I still had faith in. Even if I knew that I wouldn't like SR 22 (and I made that clear on this forum many times).

I still wanted them to succeed, mainly because of their promise to finish the SR2 patch, both because it was the right thing to do to honor Mike Watson's memory, but also because I just wanted to play this fucking patch. To me, this meant that they weren't forgetting their past and were still loyal to their old fans even if they weren't willing to make the kind of games that they used to make.

Seeing those "We're still working on it." posts on Twitter and such filled me with joy every time. And even if I had my doubts at some points, ultimately I never gave up hope that we would see the patch eventually.

Watching Flippy's video on the whole thing was just soul crushing. Not only because I had lost one of the only studios who's products I was still interested in (it's all up to you Obsidian now), but also because I got confirmation that the SR2 patch was still being worked on, and that it is now most likely dead.
But what really broke me was learning that most of the shitty design decisions actually came from Deep Silver directly.

Volition was forced to go through with Deep Silver's bullshit and they ended up being punished for it. Malcolm was right all along, life is unfair.

So, just... Fuck the Embracer higher-ups, for their blatant mismanagement.
Fuck Deep Silver for chasing the woke trends and forcing Volition down this path.
Fuck all those influencers à la TheQuartering who were bashing Volition to push their shitty "Get woke, go broke" stories.
Fuck Bitchthesda, Cock$tar, Crapcom and CDPR for ruining their respective franchises.
Fuck EA, Activision and Ubisoft too for good measure.

And thank you so, so much Volition, for the experiences you provided me with. Thank you, mainly for Saints Row 2 and Saints Row the Third. These games blew my mind when I was a kid, and I'll never forget the hours of sheer fun I've had with them. Even if I only come back to SR3 nowadays unfortunately.

Another big thank you to people like Mike Watson, and modding communities in general, who are busting their asses to improve and preserve those games that we love so much.

To me, Volition was, for the past several years, one of the last AAA (or former AAA) developer that I still had faith in. Even if I knew that I wouldn't like SR 22 (and I made that clear on this forum many times).

I still wanted them to succeed, mainly because of their promise to finish the SR2 patch, both because it was the right thing to do to honor Mike Watson's memory, but also because I just wanted to play this fucking patch. To me, this meant that they weren't forgetting their past and were still loyal to their old fans even if they weren't willing to make the kind of games that they used to make.

Seeing those "We're still working on it." posts on Twitter and such filled me with joy every time. And even if I had my doubts at some points, ultimately I never gave up hope that we would see the patch eventually.

Watching Flippy's video on the whole thing was just soul crushing. Not only because I had lost one of the only studios who's products I was still interested in (it's all up to you Obsidian now), but also because I got confirmation that the SR2 patch was still being worked on, and that it is now most likely dead.
But what really broke me was learning that most of the shitty design decisions actually came from Deep Silver directly.

Volition was forced to go through with Deep Silver's bullshit and they ended up being punished for it. Malcolm was right all along, life is unfair.

So, just... Fuck the Embracer higher-ups, for their blatant mismanagement.
Fuck Deep Silver for chasing the woke trends and forcing Volition down this path.
Fuck all those influencers à la TheQuartering who were bashing Volition to push their shitty "Get woke, go broke" stories.
Fuck Bitchthesda, Cock$tar, Crapcom and CDPR for ruining their respective franchises.
Fuck EA, Activision and Ubisoft too for good measure.

And thank you so, so much Volition, for the experiences you provided me with. Thank you, mainly for Saints Row 2 and Saints Row the Third. These games blew my mind when I was a kid, and I'll never forget the hours of sheer fun I've had with them. Even if I only come back to SR3 nowadays unfortunately.

Another big thank you to people like Mike Watson, and modding communities in general, who are busting their asses to improve and preserve those games that we love so much.
I cant thank Mike watson enough to allow us edited Hat we wear not going bald and still needed Cmesh to remove hair going through the hat
1677030662343~3.jpg

It's one of those things. Their downfall really began with SR4. Though a good game, it was largely a rework of SR3 to make some quick cash for a dying publisher. Every game that followed was a desperate Hail Mary. I would not be surprised if a lot of the politically correct changes were made specifically to boost their Metacritic rating so they could get their bonuses, but sadly, it did the opposite.

It's one of those things. Their downfall really began with SR4. Though a good game, it was largely a rework of SR3 to make some quick cash for a dying publisher. Every game that followed was a desperate Hail Mary. I would not be surprised if a lot of the politically correct changes were made specifically to boost their Metacritic rating so they could get their bonuses, but sadly, it did the opposite.
Nah it was the third starting the downfall even 4... they cut alot feature like racing and eat supposed comes in finAl game with excuse"Hardware limitation"... (its where they split the fanbase too)

The city since srtt its bad and boring after beat the mission theres nothing you can do yet even your saints member looks lifeless.. not like SR1-2

Back