Goodbye Volition

Now hoping for SR2 patch i hope they gonna give it to Plaion since DS told us they give the ip into them if i'm not wrong..
Deep Silver is Plaion, Embracer will just drop the Deep Silver label because it became infamous I guess. Or maybe they just realized that they have too many publishing labels and that Deep Silver is the mouthbreathiest of them all.

Deep Silver is Plaion, Embracer will just drop the Deep Silver label because it became infamous I guess. Or maybe they just realized that they have too many publishing labels and that Deep Silver is the mouthbreathiest of them all.
It means they can screw the patch like they did with SRIV Re-elected in PC lol

So this video came out where a former Volition employee spills the beans on the game's development:
Everyone can draw their own conclusions but it really seems like SR 2022's development is what actually killed the studio thanks to it being a mismanaged mess with bad direction, a lot of wasted money and the type of morale destroying uncertainty that makes people leave.
Well, now that really sucks.
Embracer higher ups really are thick skulled.

It's been a long time since I last visited this place, and honestly, it's already been quite a while since Volition shut down (can't believe it's almost been a month), but still... I need to express how I feel about this. Maybe someone else will relate to it, I don't know.
I love "early" Volition. Punisher and SR1-era Volition, to be exact. I'm not that familiar with SR1, since I just started playing it, but I always loved their Punisher game. It's a classic to me. I also love the "middle"-era Volition, from SR2 to GooH. Even though it felt as if the studio lacked direction and focus, their games still remained so enjoyable to me. Despite the limitations and lack of features the later SR games had, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a blast playing them, either by myself or with my friends and family.
But "late"-era Volition, the one that developed Agents of Mayhem and the SR reboot... I have no real feelings towards them. I don't want to sound dismissive, but Agents of Mayhem simply wasn't my cup of tea and SRR wasn't it, either. I was never interested in either game, so I didn't buy or play them. All I heard were mixed to negative (mostly negative with SRR, to be honest) comments about Volition's later work, so I just moved on, and played other games. It's truly a shame Volition shut down, and I hope its employees find work as soon as possible (especially after EG screwed them over). But I can't really feel sad over it, because it really wasn't the company I loved back in the day. To me, Volition as I knew it ceased to exist years ago, so this closure leaves me numb. As sad as it is for the people who worked there, I hold no real strong emotions about the company's fate as a whole. And that is what truly saddens me.

It's been a long time since I last visited this place, and honestly, it's already been quite a while since Volition shut down (can't believe it's almost been a month), but still... I need to express how I feel about this. Maybe someone else will relate to it, I don't know.
I love "early" Volition. Punisher and SR1-era Volition, to be exact. I'm not that familiar with SR1, since I just started playing it, but I always loved their Punisher game. It's a classic to me. I also love the "middle"-era Volition, from SR2 to GooH. Even though it felt as if the studio lacked direction and focus, their games still remained so enjoyable to me. Despite the limitations and lack of features the later SR games had, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a blast playing them, either by myself or with my friends and family.
But "late"-era Volition, the one that developed Agents of Mayhem and the SR reboot... I have no real feelings towards them. I don't want to sound dismissive, but Agents of Mayhem simply wasn't my cup of tea and SRR wasn't it, either. I was never interested in either game, so I didn't buy or play them. All I heard were mixed to negative (mostly negative with SRR, to be honest) comments about Volition's later work, so I just moved on, and played other games. It's truly a shame Volition shut down, and I hope its employees find work as soon as possible (especially after EG screwed them over). But I can't really feel sad over it, because it really wasn't the company I loved back in the day. To me, Volition as I knew it ceased to exist years ago, so this closure leaves me numb. As sad as it is for the people who worked there, I hold no real strong emotions about the company's fate as a whole. And that is what truly saddens me.
As wrong as it feels to say... I agree. We all know that over the years, old employees leave, and new employees enter, and the people who made the latest games did not seem like the same people who made the older games. There was even such a shift between designs and gameplay elements between SR2 & SRTT that I thought, this is still good, but it's not as good as it used to be.

I hope that the original Volition team are doing well, wherever they are, and hope that the newer members of Volition can have a chance to redeem themselves, because the Reboot wasn't bad, it just wasn't Saints Row, and after watching the above video, it sounds like it was put together by a rapidly diminishing group of people, who couldn't be classed as a team, because they weren't given a solid direction to move in. They did all they could with all they had been given to work with.

Last edited:
you are not gonna believe what happened on the 31st of august
🤦‍♀️

If I'm on a thread entitled "Goodbye Volition", then I'm obviously aware that Volition are no more. When I said "and hope that the newer members of Volition can have a chance to redeem themselves", I meant that I hope they can get jobs in their field at similar companies.

Well, this blows. At least Volition Was able to Deliver one last Saints Game. Despite what people think, I honestly enjoy the game Very much, All of the Saints games.

Best of Luck to all those involved with the Saints Row games, I Hope to see y'all again in another game.

Back