Goodbye Volition

good riddance thats what they get for trying to fight their audience instead of actually listening to them serves them right this punishment. about the patch of sr2 on one hand such a shame that we would never get it but on the other hand its a good thing that we wont get it by some incompetents that cant get things right
No game company "deserves" to be disbanded.

Yes they did ignore their core fanbase and just hope that we'd either like it, or they could draw in lots of new fans (and I'm not sure which one of those actually happened if they did manage to sell 1,500,000 copies).

But even if we didn't like the latest few games, there were still elements of those games that prove they could've still come back with a Saints Row that old fans and new fans would all love.

But sometimes these companies get to the point in a series where they feel like it's turned into nothing but fan service (Eg: Johnny Gat's return, Fun Shaundi's return, pointless "romance" cutscenes that imply your character has sex with one of your homies, Missions that seem like hollow parodies of former missions from previous games, and countless nonsensical retconning that just confuses everything we know about the series)

So they reboot the series with a fresh set of characters - Fine.

But making this kind of move is the make or break point for the IP, not for the company.

Usually a company can bounce back after a bad game, but unfortunately for Volition, they had a bit of a bad run for a few games: GOH, AOM, and SRR... And during that time they've been passed around quite a bit.

As much as I hate the latest game, I'm not exactly happy with the idea of some other company trying to make the next Saints Row game. At least Volition do know what can make a real Saints Row... I'm not sure any other company could make a real Saints Row.

At this point all I think I want is a remake of Saints Row 2006, and Saints Row 2 rolled into one long game. I'll probably make a new thread about it somewhere.

It is possible to have a diverse cast of characters, and still have good writing.

I mean, I was fine with having a different cast of characters. They all had potential to be fleshed out, but whoever wrote them fucked it up.

Like Neenah's revenge quest could've been the entire plot and Kevin's loyalty to the Idols vs. the Saints could've been the sub-plot.

And the theme of friendship? Plenty of stories handle that theme extremely well. Like maybe as the story progresses, Neenah gets so enveloped by rage that she forgets her friends and becomes the very thing she was fighting against. Maybe Kevin gets brainwashed by the Idols to serve as their attack dog and we have to save both of them.

Hell, they could've even parodies 'Revenge of the Sith' by having Neenah attack someone she once cared about, then ranting about her 'new gang empire' before we have a big fight in a movie studio.

Eli's still the brains of the whole crew, trying to keep everything and everyone together as the Idols, Panteros, and Neenah's new crew wages war across the whole city.

See? Same crew, but with a different writer, it could've been so much better.

EDIT I:
But I agree, their PR was absolute garbage. >_< Like what were they even thinking with the 'Haters Gonna Hate' when they got criticism? One of the basic rules of being a creator: you do not pick a fight with your prospective customers. You are not entitled to their money just because you made something. You act like shit, they're gonna spread the word and your product suffers for it.

EDIT II:
Now, is the IP dead? I don't think it is. Deep Silver still holds the rights to Saints Row, so it's up to them to decide if they want to give it another shot. I suppose, for all intents and purposes, it's on hiatus for the foreseeable future.

EDIT III:
And not gonna lie, they did drop the ball way back in Saints Row: The Third when they forgot the Dex storyline. Wasn't one of the final scenes of Saints Row 2 the Boss promising to exact revenge on Dex? Then they just forgot him and the next time we see him, he's an undead husk in Hell and serving only as cameo/a punchig bag. They could've had The Third be us going to Steelport because we heard rumors that Dex was there, and finding out that he now works for the Morningstar. Something like that.

Last edited:
EDIT III:
And not gonna lie, they did drop the ball way back in Saints Row: The Third when they forgot the Dex storyline. Wasn't one of the final scenes of Saints Row 2 the Boss promising to exact revenge on Dex? Then they just forgot him and the next time we see him, he's an undead husk in Hell and serving only as cameo/a punchig bag. They could've had The Third be us going to Steelport because we heard rumors that Dex was there, and finding out that he now works for the Morningstar. Something like that.
This was one thing I always hoped they'd return to at some point, and yes Gat and Dex did have a history, but it would have been nice if Playa got the chance to get revenge on Dex in the end.

Unrelated:
"and one who is clearly too chronically online to the point of forming an unhealthy bond with a video game that causes them to jump for joy over the people who created said game losing their jobs"

I can understand the unhealthy bond to a video game part, as I have that with SR2, but why would you jump for joy over Volition losing their jobs? They created the game you love, why would you want them fired?

I tried finding the post Beyonce was referring to, but maybe it got deleted, because I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
One of y'all struggling to string together a sentence about a damn katana because I speculated about it from a trailer, one mad that they're blocked and think I'm carrying some "nice person" facade when I never attempted to do that, and one who is clearly too chronically online to the point of forming an unhealthy bond with a video game that causes them to jump for joy over the people who created said game losing their jobs.

Quite honestly, y'all have just shown me once again that this community really didn't deserve Volition in ANY capacity, if this is how y'all are acting in response to bad news like this. To the ignore list y'all go

Anyways, Volition didn't deserve to get shut down because of Embracer biting off more than it can chew, they aren't the first studio that got shut down by EG and they won't be the last. It's sad as hell because the same "community" that spent the last two years mad at a 10+ year old gif that somehow led to the harassment of developers are now trying to act like they give a shit about the studio and that's the fake shit I just can't get behind. 🤷‍♂️
Then If you are not part of them should know"Hey bro im one of their srr credit i know everyhing"Just silent then you are not even One of them.. look how that jelly dude disappointed when the katana doesnt comeout....im not.making drama here.. first you insulting member criticize reboot.. and now you blaming people Cause the reboot and studio closed.. ironic

This was one thing I always hoped they'd return to at some point, and yes Gat and Dex did have a history, but it would have been nice if Playa got the chance to get revenge on Dex in the end.

Unrelated:
"and one who is clearly too chronically online to the point of forming an unhealthy bond with a video game that causes them to jump for joy over the people who created said game losing their jobs"

I can understand the unhealthy bond to a video game part, as I have that with SR2, but why would you jump for joy over Volition losing their jobs? They created the game you love, why would you want them fired?

I tried finding the post Beyonce was referring to, but maybe it got deleted, because I can't seem to find it.
Yeah that was me i know what beyonce did outside forums its very disgusting and hes different person outside of it... The staff will delete this post too 😑

Anyways, Volition didn't deserve to get shut down because of Embracer biting off more than it can chew, they aren't the first studio that got shut down by EG and they won't be the last.
This is only half true though. Embracer spent money that it didn't have because they were expecting a giant deal to work out. It didn't work out, they lost like half their worth in a day so they have to restructure now. That's definitely a reason why Volition was shut down now but only half the reason.

The thing is that when a corporation has to restructure and close some of its subsidiaries it's the weakest links that get the axe. Volition was one of those weak parties because the reboot was a messy flop, I don't know why it's so hard to NOT leave this important detail out.

And sure, there will be more studios getting the axe as Embracer is tightening its belt. Gearbox Publishing has already suffered losses too and I wouldn't be surprised if some of Saber's subsidiaries got fired too (3D Realms / Slipgate Ironworks for example).

As for the rest sure, I already said my piece and if you don't see it that way then don't and just keep blocking strangers. I only brought you up because the hate was really strange to me as I literally didn't know who you were two days ago while you seem to be having a beef with me since last year based on the blocks and bans. So let's agree to disagree and hey, normally I wouldn't talk to people who impersonate celebrities anyway.

Im gonna stop you right there bey you even triggered RWS meme and proud to attack them..

The staff can ban me all you want im not gonna silent with this dude play another victim card and following shitty takes account to do harassment talk about triggered by RWS meme serial killer 😉
Screenshot_2023-09-03_181817.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that was me i know what beyonce did outside forums its very disgusting and hes different person outside of it... The staff will delete this post too 😑
Well, I hope I don't offend you, but if your posts are getting deleted, and Beyonce's posts are not, then by the forum's rules... It kind of suggests you may need to (at the very least) think about what you're about to post before you post it.

There are ways you can post your own opinions without getting banned or getting your posts deleted. And if conflict arises, find a neutral understanding, and if that doesn't work, just walk away without escalating things further.

I've said a lot of stuff and even got into conflict with members of this forum, with some I was able to find a peaceful resolution, but if someone genuinely does not see my opinion as valid no matter how much I try to re-word it, then it's not worth continuing to talk to them.

Walking away doesn't make them right and you wrong, it just means you know you'll both never see each other's point of view.

Well, I hope I don't offend you, but if your posts are getting deleted, and Beyonce's posts are not, then by the forum's rules... It kind of suggests you may need to (at the very least) think about what you're about to post before you post it.

There are ways you can post your own opinions without getting banned or getting your posts deleted. And if conflict arises, find a neutral understanding, and if that doesn't work, just walk away without escalating things further.

I've said a lot of stuff and even got into conflict with members of this forum, with some I was able to find a peaceful resolution, but if someone genuinely does not see my opinion as valid no matter how much I try to re-word it, then it's not worth continuing to talk to them.

Walking away doesn't make them right and you wrong, it just means you know you'll both never see each other's point of view.
We had beef back then with someone named chiko dont you remember back then a thread for drama...you and bey push him so hard and now... Feels guilty for what happened to Volition well your action answer that... We were right from the beginning you are good kid but i feels like you get affected too much by bey.. seeing that thread drama again it just painful how you guys very anti criticism about reboot... And now you here.. well i dont care abour gettinf banned anyway.. Volition is gone if Bey want to made playing another victim card i must stop them.. because he also very harsh to chiko but too bad you dont care about that dude getting insulted by bey and you rather sides with bey and mega and keep push that dude until hes tired..

Its really pathetic.. ngl im glad we all here now and as you see he play another victim card not even dare answer about the shitty takes account he comment it... Because he know what he did in that account

Back