Going one-on-one with the brute

You've probably seen the big guys right. Ever thought of being able to go in a no weapon one-on-one with it? Fine maybe just a weapon. But by brute standards it is the matched equivalent of a hand...The Apoca fists. These can be taken using either you weapon cache in you're crib, or simply by the cheat : giveapoca

It is more fun fighting with these guys because they last longer and you can dodge their blows which if you don't do, will results you getting thrown really hard. Fighting with a normal human on the other hand is less fun because the guy dies by a couple of blows. Taking down unarmed brutes using guns also just seem a waste of them.

Make sure that you are fighting an unarmed brute!!!

An armed brute shall kill you in a couple of seconds.

The trick is take you apoca fist and wait till the brute is really close. The brute has long legs and it is impossible to outrun even a brute carrying a machine gun even if you hold nothing. But the brutes strides are longer and will appear slower. When the brute is close enough, dodge him and throw in a shot. If you are lucky the brute will come to a standstill. Else if you are too slow and the brute knocks you over, wait till you get up (you wont die) and throw punches at the brute. The shots by your Apoca fists will be powerful and equivalent to the shot of a brute. Dodge his occasional attacks using the key specified to you (space) and punch him till he's dead.

Not a modding tutorial. Moving to General Chat.

You've probably seen the big guys right. Ever thought of being able to go in a no weapon one-on-one with it? Fine maybe just a weapon. But by brute standards it is the matched equivalent of a hand...The Apoca fists. These can be taken using either you weapon cache in you're crib, or simply by the cheat : giveapoca

It is more fun fighting with these guys because they last longer and you can dodge their blows which if you don't do, will results you getting thrown really hard. Fighting with a normal human on the other hand is less fun because the guy dies by a couple of blows. Taking down unarmed brutes using guns also just seem a waste of them.

Make sure that you are fighting an unarmed brute!!!

An armed brute shall kill you in a couple of seconds.

The trick is take you apoca fist and wait till the brute is really close. The brute has long legs and it is impossible to outrun even a brute carrying a machine gun even if you hold nothing. But the brutes strides are longer and will appear slower. When the brute is close enough, dodge him and throw in a shot. If you are lucky the brute will come to a standstill. Else if you are too slow and the brute knocks you over, wait till you get up (you wont die) and throw punches at the brute. The shots by your Apoca fists will be powerful and equivalent to the shot of a brute. Dodge his occasional attacks using the key specified to you (space) and punch him till he's dead.

Personally, I think it's more fun to get beaten the fuck up by the brute (I LOVE the QTE when he picks you up, rams you into the ground twice, and then you have to try and shoot him in the head. If you don't get enough shots, he punches you in the stomach twice and throws you). I really have no idea why I like it so much - maybe I'm indulging the inner superhero battle fanboy in me :p (because superheroes often get huge amounts of damage dished out at them).

Personally, I think it's more fun to get beaten the fuck up by the brute (I LOVE the QTE when he picks you up, rams you into the ground twice, and then you have to try and shoot him in the head. If you don't get enough shots, he punches you in the stomach twice and throws you). I really have no idea why I like it so much - maybe I'm indulging the inner superhero battle fanboy in me :p (because superheroes often get huge amounts of damage dished out at them).

Oh yeah.. It is quite fun too. Before you get to hit the brute there is a good chance that the brute will do this to you... so double the fun..

Is it just me or does anyone here also wish you could have a 'play as a brute' type thing where you can hold a big weapon and punch like a truck and tank like, well, a tank.. as well as shove stuff around? Kind of like the giant robot mech in SR4? But versus the brutes in a one on one no holds barred boxing match?

Heck, put the brutes in SR4 and let us fight them in the mech, without guns. That'd work!

Is it just me or does anyone here also wish you could have a 'play as a brute' type thing where you can hold a big weapon and punch like a truck and tank like, well, a tank.. as well as shove stuff around? Kind of like the giant robot mech in SR4? But versus the brutes in a one on one no holds barred boxing match?

Heck, put the brutes in SR4 and let us fight them in the mech, without guns. That'd work!

Attempts at porting Brute animations from SR:TT has been less than successful. For example, Oleg has been imported from SR:TT in Hoeward's "New Homies" mod, however, he has the animation set of normal Homies. Importing the brute animations just doesn't work I guess. But one day (most likely when the SDK is out) it will be possible for sure :).

Yeah... ah well. Nothing to do but wait for that part of the SDK :(

It may not be what you're looking for (attacks don't actually connect, at least for normal enemies), but Sandbox + for Saints Row: The Third allows you to toggle brute animations.

Back