"Gloss paint" menu crashing after removing custom vehicle_cust_color_pool/sets.lua

So earlier I modded my vehicle_cust_color_pool.lua and vehicle_cust_color_sets.lua to add a new color. For some reason it resulted in crashing, so I removed the files and rebuilt the patch. The new color I added is gone, but now for some reason whenever I open the "gloss paint" menu, SR2 crashes before the menu appears. Anyone know how I can fix it?

So earlier I modded my vehicle_cust_color_pool.lua and vehicle_cust_color_sets.lua to add a new color. For some reason it resulted in crashing, so I removed the files and rebuilt the patch. The new color I added is gone, but now for some reason whenever I open the "gloss paint" menu, SR2 crashes before the menu appears. Anyone know how I can fix it?

Did you use that new color on your vehicle? A save that references a table entry that no longer exists will almost always crash sr2. Sometimes, it's very presence is enough to screw up your save file even if you don't use it.

I did, but I hadn't saved afterwards. And I had put the custom color in the Opaque Paint category, not Gloss Paint.
How can I fix my save if that is the issue? Is there any save file editor like for SR3?

I did, but I hadn't saved afterwards. And I had put the custom color in the Opaque Paint category, not Gloss Paint.
How can I fix my save if that is the issue? Is there any save file editor like for SR3?

There are no save editors for SR2, and no way to fix a corrupt save. If your save file is before that entry then something else is wrong. I would suggest using winmerge and comparing all files to the original to try and pinpoint the issue.

Okay, where can I find the original? I had edited the one in the "modified" folder first because I thought that's what I was supposed to do, and I forgot to make a copy of it first. :oops:
EDIT: I re-downloaded GotR and got it from there. I'll post whether or not replacing it works! :)

Never edit files in the modified folder or else you'll have those kind of issues. Make a copy and put it here:
..\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9_final\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

That folder above will always take precedence during the build process. This way the original GotR files in modified will never be touched and you can always just make another copy from there and delete the problematic version you are working on in the above folder if a problem happens.

Back