Getting Started with Steam Workshop

I have gotten Windows onto it now but my mods don't seem to be working, do I have to have the game finished? Does the game have to be online? Please help, I really don't know why it isn't working.
Probably needs to be online...not sure on that note, but makes sense to be online.

The game does not need to be finished, however, you may need to have a save that you have already escaped and have at least one Crib Teleportation "door" open. DLCs won't take effect until after this stage in the game, makes sense that Steamwork mods relying on content taken from after this point are activated the same way.

You can find out if the mods are even installed by navigating to "~\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\206420", which will contain (number labelled, nine digit) folders for each Steamwork mod you have installed.

I think they might have downloaded but deleted themselves at some time. I already have a save past the escape. I don't believe being online has to do with it since my files aren't downloaded. Thank you for the help

I've read through a lot of the tutorial documentation, but I haven't been able to find anything about testing. How do I test my mods BEFORE I upload them to Steam Workshop? Is there a specific folder I should copy them to or can I just put them in the game folder like we've always done with non-workshop mods?

I've read through a lot of the tutorial documentation, but I haven't been able to find anything about testing. How do I test my mods BEFORE I upload them to Steam Workshop? Is there a specific folder I should copy them to or can I just put them in the game folder like we've always done with non-workshop mods?
For testing you can hit "Save > To file..." in the Workshop Upload Tool and put the packfile (yourCustomName.vpp_pc) in your mods folder (...\common\Saints Row IV\mods). If there is no folder called 'mods' in SRIV's root directory, just create one yourself. Alternatively you could also upload your mod, like you'd do to release it, and set the Workshop page's visibility to 'private'. That way no one except for you will be able to view the page and subscribe to your mod.

For testing you can hit "Save > To file..." in the Workshop Upload Tool and put the packfile (yourCustomName.vpp_pc) in your mods folder (...\common\Saints Row IV\mods). If there is no folder called 'mods' in SRIV's root directory, just create one yourself. Alternatively you could also upload your mod, like you'd do to release it, and set the Workshop page's visibility to 'private'. That way no one except for you will be able to view the page and subscribe to your mod.
Crap. I got it all wrong...I done tossed all my regular mods in "mods" folder...no wonder I can't get anything right. HAHAHA. YEAH, thanks, flow754. Maybe I should have requested into the beta.

I would definitely support Steam Workshop for SRTT.
Thank god, coz I recently reinstalled SRTT, started using Mission Replay, 50%Joe's tacticool weapon mod & additional cheats mod
...and the moment I'm in steelport as I go to access a store, the game sorta stalls...my character stands in place & the store music plays,
the HUD vanishes & it doesn't transition to the store menu.

I'm using the latest version of Mission Replay & Rare Vehicle/additional cheats mods as well as Joe's weapon mod, at first I thought
Mission Replay was the cause so I removed that. tried again & the same result happened. now my only option is to either play the game
either without mods or use the oldest version of the mods...and this is the reason why I could use a Steam Workshop for SRTT as well
as GooH.

Will it ever be possible to add weapons or clothing to SR2?
Guess not, it's completely unsupported by now. Technically IdolNinja managed to add new content in Gentlemen of the Row but it's mostly just re-using leftovers and unavailable assets remaining in the game files.

Back