gentlemen of the row 1.9 issues

Hello, not sure if this is the right section of the forum but I am having issues with version 1.9 of the gentlemen of the row, whenever I go to start a new game/load a save after installation the game crashes with an sr2_pc.exe has encountered a problem error. this did not occur with previous releases of the supermod (used to be on the row). I am running windows XP and have the latest directx libraries, have tried running in windowed mode and have verified the integrity of the game. the 1.1 fix does nothing since I am using the steam version. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Does it work if you switch back to 1.8? The older versions of GotR are still up on my site and linked in the archive section of the Download page.

Did you go through the crashing troubleshooting in the included text file with 1.9?

Did you go through the SR2 PC FAQ and the troubleshooting steps in that?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1715922

IdolNinja said:
Does it work if you switch back to 1.8? The older versions of GotR are still up on my site and linked in the archive section of the Download page.

Did you go through the crashing troubleshooting in the included text file with 1.9?

Did you go through the SR2 PC FAQ and the troubleshooting steps in that?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1715922
I have figured out part of the problem, it seems to be one of the optional features of the mod. Just re-installed the game to get the original files, chose only the open options and the standard version, works like a charm. Any idea which part of the mod pack is causing the glitch, am going to do a trial and error test to see which one it is.

EDIT: which optional mods spawn a shaders_pc file? I have a hunch that it is one of them that caused the glitch.

thanks, I have found the issue, the nude mod must somehow disagree with my video card/other part of the PC. as soon as I added that mod it started crashing again even though I do not have the German version. any other ideas why this mod would cause a crash?

kira1000 said:
thanks, I have found the issue, the nude mod must somehow disagree with my video card/other part of the PC. as soon as I added that mod it started crashing again even though I do not have the German version. any other ideas why this mod would cause a crash?

Not offhand, no. The shader_pc file is simple text and tells the game what shaders to load. The only difference between it and the vanilla version is the removal of 3 lines that load each of the 3 mosaics. This is the first I've heard of anyone having a problem with it, so I really don't know what to tell you other than to not to use that particular mod.

Um...hi there, sorry to bump this up, but I am experiencing the exact same problem as kira1000 here, so I compared the vanilla shader_pc file with the nude one and find out the following three line is also missing, which cause the sr2_pc.exe problem.

data\shaders\stencil\stencilshadow_cpu_c.fxo_pc
data\shaders\stencil\stencilshadow_cpu_mc.fxo_pc
data\shaders\stencil\stencilshadow_cpu_ms.fxo_pc

(it's almost at the end of shader_pc)

I use to manually remove lines in shader_pc to get the nude effect, and find this just out of curiosity what is so special about that shader_pc.
(the original shader_pc provided by GOTR is also short of this three line in final version...I actually reinstall the game to get the real vanilla one.)

my understanding of the nude line in shader_pc are the following four lines:

data\shaders\standard\sr2-pixelate_c.fxo_pc
data\shaders\standard\sr2-pixelate_mc.fxo_pc
data\shaders\standard\sr2-pixelate_ms.fxo_pc
data\shaders\standard\sr2-pixelate_s.fxo_pc

removing all four line will cause some graphic transparency issue, while removing the first will do the trick. (personally I remove the last line as well, not sure what it does, but stays fine) The shader_pc of the nude mod in GOTR only remove the first pixelate_c though...not three lines. Just FYI.

You guys did well, I was enjoying GOTR so much dating back from 1.6, thank you!

Those stencilshadow lines do not exist in shaders_pc file in the vanilla v1.2 US Steam version. So my question to you is, what version are you running that has them?

It doesn't say, but it should be the international version. I am a Taiwanese and I bought it in the local store. It was Chinese by default, but I can choose if I want the game to be in ten or so other languages like English or French. I don't think it's the Japan version as I can't find Japanese in the language option.

Back