Gangstas In Space crashes due to Gentlemen of Steelport

I had to delete my copy of SR3 which had Gangstas in Space and had to copy my back up of SR3, also in the mission Remote Chance when I get up to El Presidente instead of going north the helicopter keeps going south when I'm ment to be heading to the airport

Cause of problems: Unkown

Are you using GoS with the Steam version of SRTT?

Also, are you sure you have the latest version of GoS? It's been reported by multiple users that everything works correctly with Gangstas in Space. I've also personally played and replayed all missions with it installed with no issues. Did you perhaps have any loose mods installed from other sources?

Yes Im using GoS with Steam version of SR3. Not sure if I have the latest GoS and not sure if I have any losse mods, I only get my mods from here.

I've checked your website for the new GoS version but its still the same as the one I have.

Any loose mods in addition to GoS can cause those kinds of issues if they have str2_pc and asm_pc files. You would have to manually update your asm_pc files using the command line tools if you want them to work together with GoS.

Did you make sure to verify integrity and update SRTT on Steam after restoring your backup? GoS will only work correctly with the latest patch level.

Before you go any further, you should verify integrity on Steam to make 100% sure that you are at the latest patch level. I would also recommend that you manually inspect the root of your SRTT install and look for any files with a .str2_pc and/or a .asm_pc extension which would be incompatible loose mods. If everything checks out then I would suggest compressing and attaching your patch files to this thread and I'll take a look at them and confirm that it built correctly.

I have the latest patch level. No I don't have any str2_pc or asm_pc extension. My custom patch files have been up loaded

Attachments

• Patch Files (Benzine).zip
    3 MB · Views: 434
I took a look, and the very first thing I see is that both of your patch files are extremely small. There is no way they would be that size unless something went horribly wrong with the build process. My guess is that the command line tools aren't working correctly. Try to install .net framework from Microsoft and build again:
http://www.microsoft.com/net

If you choose just the default core compatible mods these should be your file sizes:
7,530k patch_compressed.vpp_pc
12,791k patch_uncompressed.vpp_pc

Back