Female protagonist has a name?

I was playing SR2 the other day and I discovered something. I was at the Saints Mega condo crib and taunting a male NPC and he said "Don't start with me Martha!". If she has a name I wonder if the male protagonist has a name too?
In SR:TT if you're using Female Voice 1, the Boss' answer to Zimos' question about her name will answer "Martha F***ing Washington". So I think that's the answer she gives every time someone asks and some just don't get that it's not really her name

their names are all up to the player, much like the Lone Wanderer and Courier from Fallout 3\NV or the Pilot from the Armored Core series.
I completely agree with you, it should be up to the player to give them their own head canon.I gave saints row it's own head canon.
(stilwater is located near florida and was founded by the Spanish in 1799 in my own canon)

In SR:TT if you're using Female Voice 1, the Boss' answer to Zimos' question about her name will answer "Martha F***ing Washington". So I think that's the answer she gives every time someone asks and some just don't get that it's not really her name
So she should be related to Pierce..

Really? I figured it was in Mississippi because the song
In saints row 1 it was located in Latin America but in SR2 it's in Michigan. In my own head canon its florida. What song are you taking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
In saints row 1 it was located in Latin America but in SR2 it's in Michigan. In my own head canon its florida. What song are you taking about?
The song "Saints Row"

Oh yeah, I know that song. Why does it make you think it's Mississippi?

Shortly before SR1 was released Volition mentioned that Stilwater was located in the State of Michigan. This would also mean that Monica Hughes is a Michigan Republican Senator (her husband was a republican and in the Redlight Septic Avenger in SR2 she said she tried to continue her late husbands policies) and the "Steelport National Guard" are actually the Michigan National Guard.

Considering how close Steelport is to Stilwater it would mean that both cities are in the same general area (Saints are able to arrive in the city by boat and helicopter in a matter of minutes).

Interestingly enough one of the Plaques in the Courthouse in SR2 lists the court as "Stilwater County District Courthouse". Lastly Gat refers to Steelport as rust belt city in SR4, and coincidentally Michigan is considered by many to be a rust belt state. Finally in some interviews for SR3 Volition stated that Chicago was one of the main inspirations for Steelport.

TL;DR Version: Stilwater and Steelport are located in the fictional Stilwater County, Michigan, USA and both cities are located on a chain of islands in the Great Lakes that connect to the mainland via (theoretical) bridges and underwater tunnels.

Last edited:
You mean that song:
That sounds nothing like the song I'm talking about. The song is literally called "Saints Row" and is the final reward track in SR1 after collecting all the CDs

Back