Feature Dissonance

So ive been a saints row player since SR2, and i loved it, so when i got SRTT, i was a bit disappointed that some of my favorite features were cut out or dumbed down

i am wondering, exactly how feasible will it be to mod in some of those missing features back into SRTT and SRIV with the new modding tools, such as layered clothing customization (i was really unhappy about that when i first played SRTT, dont mind as-much now but id still really like that back) and hydraulics for cars

im not really much of a modder myself unfortunately, but im still curious for the people who would be up to tackling such challenges

Not a technical modding question. Moving to Mod Requests subforum.

I don't see layered clothing coming back, which makes me sad as well.

Take heart Knobby. There's always SRNext on next-gen consoles.
With the better specs and x86 base, you should be able to have much larger memory pools to work with which could mean larger asset bases :)

With SR2 and GotR, I was able to expand and extend the clothing system, creating my own new slots and layers. The system looks very similar (though dumbed down) in SRTT. If we get the tools to actually make clothes then I have a good feeling that I'll be able to do something with it.

Take heart Knobby. There's always SRNext on next-gen consoles.
With the better specs and x86 base, you should be able to have much larger memory pools to work with which could mean larger asset bases :)
More memory doesn't mean that we end up with more time for clothing customization. If anything, we might end up with less since the expectations will be for larger and more dense worlds. It's always a time trade-off.

Back